• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import iphoto photos into lightroom on PC

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have all my photos on mac (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6), in iPhoto (v. 9.6.1 (910.42)).  I would like to move these to new software on a PC.  I don't have the software yet but was thinking Lightroom Classic. I would like to retain as many attributes as I can from the iphotos files (location, people, albums, etc.) but my #1 priority is moving everything into great software for everyday user that will be around for a long time, and on a PC.  Can you please offer your advice on:

1.) can I purchase lightroom on PC, and import the iphoto files directly into the software on PC?

2.) if not, can I import into lightroom on the mac, then move it over to a PC version? do that mean I have to purchase another license?

3.) whats the best way to do this and keep as many photo attributes as possible?

4.) should I consider different software for basic photo user (less than $100 for license)?

I'd really appreciate any help you can provide.  Thank you!

Best,

Jackson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?