• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC on import shows "no files" in a folder with 135 files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to import 135 files (.jpg, .mov) from a folder on an external disk drive.  When I select the folder during the import process I am told by LR there are no files in the folder.  I can access the folder via windows 10 explorer and the files are in the folder.  I have created a new catalog and the problem doesn't go away.  I have tried to import the files after I moved the folder to another disk drive and the problem persists.   I then tried a different folder with different pictures on the same external disk drive and LR Classic CC sees the .jpg files in this folder.  I have numerous pictures in the catalogue.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

I have read forum threads where the .MOV files cause problems.

Try using File Explorer to move the .MOV files out of the folder with the .JPGs.

ie. have the .MOVs and .JPGs in separate folders.

Then try the Lightroom Import again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind providing a screen shot of your Lr screen with that 'no files' dialog showing?

The entire screen, not just the dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read forum threads where the .MOV files cause problems.

Try using File Explorer to move the .MOV files out of the folder with the .JPGs.

ie. have the .MOVs and .JPGs in separate folders.

Then try the Lightroom Import again.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to import the 115 files (90 jpg, 3 png and 22 mov types) in increments.  I loaded about 15 at a time until I got to about file 100.  Until I reached 100 files everything worked fine.  When I reached 100 files loaded I could only load 2 or 3 at a time or I would get the no files found message with no pictures displayed in LR.  When I tried again to import 15 files after reaching 106 I received the message there were no files found.  Ultimtely I was able to load all 115 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to recreate the issue and send screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the .mov files out of the folder with the JPG's to another, different, folder and do the import.

LR does not like both still images and movie files in the same folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recreated the issue by creating a new catalogue and trying to import a copy of the original folder with the 150 files.   I took a snap shot of the message in Lightroom and also a snap shot of the files and folder properties. I was finally able to import the files using increments of about 15 files with .JPG and .MOV file types mixed.  I have not tried to import the files by segregating the file types into different folders.

LR Classis CC Screen Shot 02.JPG

LR Classis CC Screen Shot 01.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving the .MOV files into a separate folders and then importing both folders individually worked.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines