Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Zoom Bug on Sierra High

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Updated to High Sierra and experiencing problems with my zoom in Photoshop. On standard screen mode and full screen mode, the canvas doesn't refresh the view and duplicates the image as you zoom (or move). Does anyone know how to fix this, it is really annoying and distracting?

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 14.47.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rdawgens,

Sorry you're facing issues while zooming in Photoshop. Which version of Photoshop are you using and does the issue persists while zooming in with the scroll wheel or just the zoom tool mouse click?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I was using Photoshop CC and have downloaded the 2018 trial version to test if the same problem persists. I have a Macbook so it occurs when I use the shortcut Z or click the icon in the toolbar. If i toggle the view with F, it only happens in standard screen mode and full screen mode. It replicates/tiles the image as you move or zoom and only happened after the OS upgrade.

Thanks,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Ryan, Please restore Photoshop preferences to default, Check out this article for details and instructions to reset preferences Preferences in Photoshop and let us know if that makes a difference.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thanks for the link, I manually restored the preferences as suggested in the video.

It has resolved the problem on standard screen mode but not full screen mode (without menu bar). If you toggle the 3 views with F, it is the 3rd view option that still has this problem.

I'm sure it is something i can live with, if you have any other suggestions that would be great too.

Thanks,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Just an update - I figured out where the problem actually exists.

If you right click outside the canvas to change the background color (my preference is black on full screen view), it is unable to change it properly and just creates a black border around the page which does not allow you to zoom properly . You are able to change to any color (including a custom setting) except RGB 0,0,0. I have included some screen shots.

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 15.02.37.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 15.05.48.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 15.06.24.png

Hope there is a way to eventually fix this bug (as it only happened with High Sierra), or at least help someone else with this problem.

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see nothing on that page that indicates how to reset to defaults. I have had this same problem for over a year. I am using PHOTOSHOP CS4 and don't have the budget to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines