Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Student price now at 50 bucks...

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in my final year of school.
My plan started at $19.99. I knew that was a one year promotional price. No biggie.

Then next year....$31.04...thought, well, that's a fairly big jump, but doable.

I'm in my final semester of school and just get an email that it's time for my annual year long renewal...

It went up to FIFTY bucks. For a student license...over DOUBLE the first year.

It is literally now the exact same price as the standard sub.

With this going on I am going to spend my last $30 month resaving things so I can open them in the older standalone versions.

I love the reason for price increase...currency fluctuations? I didn't realize the US dollar was having so many problems.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

The latter, thanks. But don't think many folks on the Forums have ever seen anything like what you describe... In USD, the regular (max) student price is $29.99/mo.

What you report is highly unusual, so we would be grateful when after you figure out what happened and Adobe corrects it, if you could drop back here and let us know what transpired and how it turned out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first guess would be that you have not yet pursued reinstating your student status for the coming subscription, so it jumps up to the normal price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardh73085391 wrote:

It is literally now the exact same price as the standard sub.

This is not the case – the prices are not the same... Adobe's education discounts are still available and have not gone away.

If you're still in school, then you should be able to re-confirm your eligibility to retain the educational discount.

In other words, at each year's renewal, customers need to prove still being a student or teacher to continue to benefit from the lower pricing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm glad you think that's the case, but it isn't.

My student information is completely current. I double checked that as that was my very first thought, and have done it every semester.

The email clearly states this:
high priced adobe.jpg

So, I am not sure how much more clearly it could be that it is now $49.99 per month for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your posts are unclear. Previously, you mentioned "currency fluctuations" being given as a reason for the price increase. However, that is not stated in the notice you shared.

At the same time, your posts seem to imply you are in the U.S. If so, and if your current student eligibility is confirmed with Adobe, then the content of the email you posted is not accurate. It is absolutely not the case that the price for any eligible customer for the Student & Teacher Edition is $49.99/month.

To resolve this, please contact an Adobe Customer Care representative at the link given in your email, or via the page below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Apologies for the inconvenience, but posting further here will not resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially mentioned that currency/exchange rates are a reason given to explain price increase.
I also said I am from the US but that was in the other thread. Sorry for the confusion. I'm replying via email and new to the forums, and I have to say the forums are not the most new user friendly thing in the world.

Someone else gave me the advice of contacting them via their twitter account as that can actually be more helpful.

It's also now updated in my actual account page that my next billing cycle is also for the increased rate, so it confirms the email account as well.

Out of curiosity, do you actually work for adobe or just a, for lack of better term, a senior member of the community?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latter, thanks. But don't think many folks on the Forums have ever seen anything like what you describe... In USD, the regular (max) student price is $29.99/mo.

What you report is highly unusual, so we would be grateful when after you figure out what happened and Adobe corrects it, if you could drop back here and let us know what transpired and how it turned out. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I actually got a pretty prompt reply from their twitter support page. But...it made the issue even more baffling.

They said;

"Unfortunately, we can change plan internally but as an exception I can provide 60 days of credit so you will be paying only for 10 months out of the 12 month contract. Please confirm. ^RB"

I assume they meant "can't" instead of can. I followed up with;

"But it's priced wrong. It should be $29.99. $29.99 is $360 per year. At $50 per month, even with 60 days of credit, it is going to still cost $500. That is still $140 more than I should be paying. the problem is that there is a mistake and you are charging me the wrong amount. So no, being offered two months is not ok because I am still going to be paying way too much. The plan is $29.99 not $50. I just need the monthly subscription price adjusted."

They replied with;"I can cancel this subscription without any penalty. You may make a new purchase from Adobe online store. ^RB"

Not sure where a penalty for cancellation would come from in the first place, so that's confusing. So now I am not sure what to do. Unless what they are trying to say is they have no ability to manually change it, despite it being on their end, so cancelling it and repurchasing would reset it?

Are there other avenues of customer support that can be pursued or adobe employees that work here on the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow-up. What they're saying is that you can cancel the annual subscription without penalty because it's in its final month now... Then, the day after it's expired (Jan 22), re-sign-up with your student credentials the regular way at the Adobe website for the $29.99/mo price:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

However, that doesn't explain how the pricing got so whacked for your renewal in the first place. It's very puzzling.

The alternative is to contact Adobe via chat or phone here:

Contact Customer Care

If you want to pursue that avenue, they may be able to give a better answer on why your renewal email had an incorrect price. It's certainly something the company should look into and fix, so that it doesn't happen to more customers.

Very odd, sorry for the headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's the gist I got as well, so I will give that a shot when the 22nd hits. But yeah, I am also not sure how or why it jumped up like that either. I assumed the worst after reading some random posts about increases etc. Apologies if I seemed frustrated (genuinely was haha) but thank you very much for your patience and helping me figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, glad to help and get it sorted out!

Not sure how/why it happened, but hopefully this was just a weird anomaly. The good news is Adobe's education discount has definitely not gone away.

In your case, just be sure that you cancel the plan​ before the final expiration (before Jan 21), and then sign up again after that expiration.

Sorry again for the extra steps. But good luck with your studies and in the new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this exact same issue - after years of being a verified student/teacher, the price jumped to $49.99 from $29.99 (we're talking multiple years of CC membership).

I contacted support and after a very frustrating conversation, the person 'helping' me said that the price for students is $19.99 for year one, $29.99 for year two, and $49.99 after that.  

I said "So you're telling me there is NO student discount after the second year?"  And he repeated the information above.  I then copied and pasted text from Adobe's pricing website ($19.99 / $29.99).  Then he said that that informational was only for introductory to student pricing and that student pricing was now $49.99 for me.  I told him that's the regular price and re-iterated - "So you're tellin gme there is NO student discount after the second year?"  He said that it was $49.99.

Extremely disappointed with the service, lack of clarity, and the information on the website which stands in contradiction to what their support staff are relaying to consumers. He "did me a favor" and put me back at the student price for a year.  Like the person that started this thread, I am verified as a student/teacher - and the support never disputed that with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Get back in touch with support and demand to speak to a supervisor. The $29.99 price for students and teachers is what you should be paying. There is no jump to $49.99.

Terms & Conditions for Student/Teacher subscription: https://www.adobe.com/offer-terms/ccm_ste_offer.html

At the end of your offer term, your subscription will be automatically billed at the then standard subscription rate, currently at US$359.99/year (US$29.99/mo) (plus applicable taxes/VAT/GST) unless you elect to change or cancel your subscription. Offer not available to OEM, commercial or volume licensing customers.

Note that this doesn't mean the subscription will never go up, since it refers to the "then standard subscription rate". However, the standard rate right now is $29.99/month, and the CSR you talked to needs some retraining or did not understand that you are eligible for this plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines