Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match Font Feature

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

are there plans to include sites like MyFonts, FontFont, HF&J, FontSquirrel, etc. to the Match Font feature in addition to searching local fonts and Typekit? I love this new tool inside photoshop, but it'll be hugely useful when it can search as many font databases as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

There's nothing to stop you adding other foundries fonts to your collection, it's doubtful that Adobe would want to be associated with fonts that are outside their quality control (IMO).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't addressing Adobe on these forums usually but other users. Adobe do not normally announce their plans in advance. Personally I wouldn't have thought Adobe would include the items you mentioned in addition to Typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay.

I can understand why Adobe would want to purely direct all traffic to Typekit, but the reality is that Typekit is a very small sampling of the fonts out there that users might be trying to identify. I guess it comes down to whether Adobe sees 'Match Font' as a robust tool for designers or a promo for Adobe Typekit. Either way it's still a cool feature. Right now, I'll be adding it my options for font id'ing along with WhatTheFont, WhatTheFont forums, Identifont, WhatFontIs, Quora, and Reddit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing to stop you adding other foundries fonts to your collection, it's doubtful that Adobe would want to be associated with fonts that are outside their quality control (IMO).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines