• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Think I made a mistake

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete rookie to editing photos. Have 2 cameras, long story. First is a Canon T7i the other is a Canon 5D Mark IV. Was using Lightroom classic but decided I wanted to try and use Lightroom CC/Photoshop CC. Downloaded Lightroom CC, migrated my catalog. Photos are no longer in the order they were shot. The few presets I created are gone. Can no longer see which photos I edited. Did I do something wrong? Should I wipe out my current catalog and import all of my photos again, for a fresh start. I have only been shooting in RAW since the start of October so it is only about 1000 photos, of which I have them all on a external hard drive. One final question for this post, did Adobe do away with all the separate modules in Lightroom CC? Liked having the library/develop module separate.  The map in Lightroom CC also does not appear to work...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Doesn't sound like you made a mistake, only sounds like there is some confusion! Adobe now has Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic. The Lightroom you have been using is now known as Lightroom Classic, which still has all of the neat features that we are used to. Lightroom CC, on the other hand, is like... Lightroom light and also requires a certain amount of storage (totally depends on each person and how they used it it) since it's all stored on a cloud. It IS convenient and can come in handy, b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe didn't "do away" with anything with Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC is a completely new program going in a completely new direction. It isn't intended as a replacement for what "was" Lightroom CC. Lightroom Classic CC is the continuation of the traditional Lightroom. Lightroom Classic CC still has all of the modules (library, develop, print, etc.) and still functions as it always has. The new Lightroom CC is included as part of the Creative Cloud photography package. I have both versions installed on my computer and experiment with the new Lightroom CC a little bit. However, I find that Lightroom Classic CC is the one that I prefer. Many users seem to think that the new Lightroom CC is the upgrade and are switching to it only to find that it isn't as full-featured as they expect it should be. It is a new program that will evolve over the coming months and years. Whether or not you start a new catalog or go back to using the one you already have is a decision that only you can make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't sound like you made a mistake, only sounds like there is some confusion! Adobe now has Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic. The Lightroom you have been using is now known as Lightroom Classic, which still has all of the neat features that we are used to. Lightroom CC, on the other hand, is like... Lightroom light and also requires a certain amount of storage (totally depends on each person and how they used it it) since it's all stored on a cloud. It IS convenient and can come in handy, but it's not nearly as powerful of a tool as Lightroom Classic. Also, you can import your presets into Lightroom CC if you choose to do so. See here if you are interested: Import preset to Lightroom CC

While I have both versions installed on my machine, as a photographer who shoots in RAW, I prefer to use Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I share the catalog between the 2 versions ? I can't use the Cloud, we have a very unreliable ISP, at best our upload speed is .4mbps. I signed up for the $9.99@month deal largely so I can try to figure out Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might take a look at this video as well: Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC - Which Workflow is Best for You? - YouTube Julianne Kost has some great material out there AND she's an incredibly nice person!

Here is some info directly from Adobe that might help: Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines