• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE not working properly

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with after effects and I don't know why. Some of the things that are happening only happen to some things, but not everything. They are like glitches that get put into my renders. Here are some examples:

-I will precompose something and do effects in that pre comp, but when I go back to the original composition the changes in my pre-comp does not work the same. Tracking could be off, or things vibrate weird. When I go back to the pre-comp to check it out, everything works fine.

-I noticed an image was covering something it wasn't suppose to, so I went in to change the mask to uncover the item, but it did not work. It was like my changes to the mask did not have an effect on the animation or image at all. After messing with it a bit, the mask began to move strangely (like I added a wiggle or something, which I didn't). The strange movements became permanent and I couldn't change it.

Its just odd things that happen. I'm running on mac osx. Could it be that there are too many items in my project, causing glitches because my machine can't handle it or is it something else? Anyone have any idea what could be happening and how I can potentially fix these glitches? Would love to know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Reset the preferences:

Reset preferences

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
  • Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

from here:

Setting preferences in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reset the preferences:

Reset preferences

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
  • Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

from here:

Setting preferences in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines