• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 19.0 Cmd-H hides PS window

Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press Cmd-H in PS CC 19.0 thinking I'm going to hide selection marching ants, it hides the entire PS window like I pressed the yellow button (Mac OS).  I tried resetting my preferences.  No help.  Other ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

That is odd, I can't explain what's going on there. Unless there is other shortcut software that is somehow overriding everything.

Or maybe there's a problem with the Photoshop shortcuts file. Your screen shot says your current Photoshop shortcut set is "Kelby Retouching (modified)." What happens if you switch that to Photoshop Defaults and then try Command-H? Or if you save the modified Kelby shortcut set under a new name like "KentTest"?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you reset preferences? Normally, after preferences get reset, the first time you press Command-H Photoshop asks you whether you'd like to hide the application or hide extras.

Hide option.jpg

If you didn't get the chance to set it there, just choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and manually change Hide Extras to Command-H.

Keyboard shortcuts edit Hide Extras.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get the 1st question dialog box you mention but my preferences are set correctly, i.e. Extras is set to Cmd-H.  See the screen shot.  But it still hides the PS window when pressed?  Ideas?

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.13.56 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what's going on there, then. Just to get the obvious out of the way,  you only have one version of Photoshop installed so it isn't because a different Photoshop version is getting launched?

When you click the Photoshop CC menu and look at the Hide Photoshop CC command, does the shortcut look like it does on the left or right below?

Photoshop CC menu with Hide.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the shot on the left.    But here's another data point.   I tried deleting the Cmd-H from the Keyboard shortcuts and when I tried to press Cmd-H to put it back, it does nothing.  So I tried some other combinations with H and it filled in and told me there was a conflict with what I had chosen.  So I finally tried Shift-Opt-Cmd-H and it had not conflict so I accepted it.  That shortcut works but I cannot put Cmd-H back.  Does that shed anymore light? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd, I can't explain what's going on there. Unless there is other shortcut software that is somehow overriding everything.

Or maybe there's a problem with the Photoshop shortcuts file. Your screen shot says your current Photoshop shortcut set is "Kelby Retouching (modified)." What happens if you switch that to Photoshop Defaults and then try Command-H? Or if you save the modified Kelby shortcut set under a new name like "KentTest"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conrad, you're a genius!  Your comment about maybe there is other shortcut software overriding triggered me to look at a utility I have installed called SuperTab.   That was the culprit!  I deleted it and Cmd-H works just fine.   Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whew! Glad you figured it out. It seemed so strange that we just had to keep digging until we found the real cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines