Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. I'm working with RbHp x7.

I'm inserting tags in parts of topics as follows:

Excerpt1 - Tag A, TagB, TagC
Excerpt2 - TagK, TagX, TagY, TagW.

When I create a layout and request all excerpts with tagX, for instance, only excerpt2 appears (which is the expected behaviour), yet, if I create a layout with tagB none of the excerpts appears (in this last case I expected to see excerpt1).

Please mind that there are other excerpts with text with no tags before and after the excerpts.

I've done several tests, for example:
a) I've included tagX in excerpt1 (and it doesn't appear when selected in the output) and
b) I've included TagB in excerpt2 (in which case this excerpt correctly appears when TagB is selected in the output).

The problem occurs only in excerpt1, independently of the tags used, but I couldn't determin a pattern - is there any explanation for this? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 24, 2008 Dec 24, 2008

The problem regards the way you insert tags - if you insert tags directly form the pop-up menu by right-clicking over the text than selecting a tag, there seems to be some confusion attributing several tags (since you have to repeat the operation more than one time) - on the other hand if you select option New/Multiple and select from the list several tags, all the tags to include - than no problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tags are designed to exclude rather than include content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem regards the way you insert tags - if you insert tags directly form the pop-up menu by right-clicking over the text than selecting a tag, there seems to be some confusion attributing several tags (since you have to repeat the operation more than one time) - on the other hand if you select option New/Multiple and select from the list several tags, all the tags to include - than no problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

Actually, tags may be used to either Include or Exclude content. Most often it is much simpler to think in terms of Excluding as opposed to Including. But they may be used either way.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp