• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi I am new this forum and I am by no means an expert in all things computer. I

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am new  this forum and I am by no means an expert in all things computer. I have Adobe reader on my laptop using with Windows 10.  Somewhere along the line I have asked for all pdfs to be password protected, but can't remember where or when. I don't have acrobat on my PC just reader. So what has happened recently, is that everytime I scan a document into my pc via ( Not another pdf scanner) and save it, it demands a password when opening. I have sent  it to myself to check and this always happens. Same when I send it to anyone else, the document demands a password.  If I use my husbands PC and same software no problem I scan in save to a pen drive and no password required to open. So I have eliminated the scanning issue, you can't do this in the scanner program. I have looked at all the usual help on the internet but it seems that I can only remove this password in  Adobe Acrobat which I don't have. I vaguely recall doing something ages ago but I think that was in Firefox. So hope someone out there can help. Please note I am not over technical, I can follow simple instructions but when people start saying " go into file line such and such" I am lost.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not related to Reader, and can't be solved using it, as it is unable to create or edit PDF files in such a way.

You need to look for this setting in the application you're using to scan the documents. It's probably set to apply a password there.

As I said, you can't remove that password with Reader. You will need Adobe Acrobat to do it (or some other capable application).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. The Scanner app doesnt have anywhere to change settings. Its called NAPS (Not another PDFScanner) its pretty basic but works. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case you'll need to answer the questions asked by TSN above, as it's not possible that Reader is adding password protection to the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you recognise when the SYSTEM is asking for a password, and when an APP is asking for a password. If you can't tell the difference, you are sure to be tricked by bad software at sometime...

So, what are the exact words in the password message? (Leave out any personal info). We may be able to recognise what is going on. If it's asking for the system password, then it isn't PDF passwords at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines