• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't create and open a project in Photoshop CC 2017

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Photoshop opens fine, but as soon as I select an picture to open, nothing happens. I select the file, and nothing opens. Same if I want to create a new file, the screen pops up asking for the dimensions, and then I click OK and nothing happens. Any idea on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Try opening a template available via the startup screen

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop General Discussion

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? I have tried to open the tutorial vid but it cannot be played.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zqa  wrote

How? I have tried to open the tutorial vid but it cannot be played.

Just read the text on the page instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem I can see the picture on the layers panel on the right, but the main screen is blank/black. All the settings appear to be correct. I've had the issue from the very beginning (I started the subscription about a month ago), so I haven't been able to create anything yet. Will try resetting preferences, but any other ideas will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot? Can you go under Windows and Workspace and change it to Essentials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps2.jpgps.jpg

Someone advised me to open a new workspace, minimize it and sort of pull a new layer to the other open workspace, but I already managed to forget what did I do precisely, will have to ask her again. Weird, but it worked. It doesn't solve the problem permanently, though. Changing to Essentials didn't solve it either. Will try syncing the app and/or resetting to default. Will also post the workaround as soon as I have it Thank you for all your help so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant see anything. Every time I try to create a new project or open my project, nothing appears. I don't even know why...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening a template available via the startup screen

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap​ thank you, it worked! Not only can I see the template, but also any other workspace that I open next.

However, when I exit PS and reopen it using a brand new workspace, it fails again. Still, it's good to have a workaround, I'll stick to it until there's a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my friend, are you working with a dual monitor?

Let me know please,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was having the same problem, and I just uninstalled (deleting preferences) and reinstalled, and all working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines