• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos missing after import

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just imported over 200 photos to the new cloud-based Lightroom CC and my photos are nowhere to be found. I can't for the life of me find them, but when I try to re-import them, all the photos are marked as "already imported" and I can't uncheck the skip duplicates box like in the classic CC. Has anyone had this issue and knows how to fix it?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

OK, suggest you wait until the current upload has finished, then have a look at the current status via the cloud icon. It certainly sounds as though something isn't working properly, so I'd be tempted to delete the local catalog and see if that clears things up. But I wouldn't do that until it's finished doing the current sync activity, and the current status shows "Synced and Backed Up".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't they show up in the "Recently Added" section (left hand panel, immediately below "All Photos")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. The last import from about a week ago are The only photos under recently added, and if I look by date the last date is December 16, which is also not the import from last night. I also double checked my camera to

make sure the date settings weren’t wrong and they weren’t being imported under the wrong date, but no luck there, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, sounds like we have a mystery to solve.

Clarification for my benefit: these were recently taken photos? Added to LRCC how: from card reader, copied to HDD first, direct camera attachment? And when you try to add them now, LRCC says they are already imported, yes?

In which case, try to do a search within LRCC for one of the "duplicate" file-names. Note you'll need to enter the full filename for the search to work, but don't include the file extension. If you get a result, is it the same picture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos were taken in the past week - so from December 17 through December 23. I inserted the card into my computer's card reader and imported directly into LR from the card.

I just tried doing a search in LR for it, and nothing came up. I was able to go to the import page and right click to find the photo in finder and it is still showing that it is on the card. Can't find it stored anywhere on my computer.

I also just tried copying the photos over to a folder from my SD card manually and tried importing them that way, and I get the same "previously imported message."

I guess now that I am awake and a little more motivated to actually figure this out I will try the tried and true reboot.

PS I also checked for an update and updated to the newest version and they did not magically appear after updating, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you observe them doing the sync uploading after the import finished? What's the current syncing status (click on the cloud icon top right).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear to be syncing. I can see that it is currently syncing the last upload I made on December 16, which I am able to locate and had created an album for. I just checked on Lightroom photos via the web and so far none of my new photos are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the thought of renaming the files and then trying to re-import them. It did allow me to get through the import screen and didn't immediately recognize them as duplicates, however, it then kicked back an error that all of the items were duplicates. I'm stumped. I've also noticed that when I am on the import screen, I'm not able to create a new album. It brings me through the prompts, but then doesn't actually create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, suggest you wait until the current upload has finished, then have a look at the current status via the cloud icon. It certainly sounds as though something isn't working properly, so I'd be tempted to delete the local catalog and see if that clears things up. But I wouldn't do that until it's finished doing the current sync activity, and the current status shows "Synced and Backed Up".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been "syncing" for hours on one album which appears to already all be synced unless the web is only showing the thumbnails. I'll give it some more time but I have a suspicion that the sync is also not working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the sync status show (click on the cloud icon top right)? If is just says "Syncing" without giving a number, just close and restart LRCC to see if that clears it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing 313 photos - for hours. I've closed and reopened and restarted my computer and it hasn't cleared.

PS - thank you for your help with this. I know a couple people who say this has happened to them but they don't know how to fix it, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AHA! You were right - deleted the local library and reopened and now it is importing. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines