• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 running slow on MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro 15 inch with the Radeon Pro 560 4GB, and I installed Photoshop CC 2018, but the performance I'm getting is really bad. For example, when I try applying an Iris Blur on my image, this "Updating" wheel keeps showing up, and the changes are laggy as hell. I tried using Photoshop 2017, and performance was better but still really choppy.

I tried disabling Automatic graphics switching (although I don't believe that should be an issue). I tried optimizing the performance in the preferences by going through the steps mentioned on the adobe webpage...

I feel like everything should be running smoothly right out the box. What's the deal here?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hamzahm,

When you were installing, was "Import previous settings and preferences" checked on the install screen? This has been a culprit in slow performance for CC2018. If you haven't already, try resetting your Preferences in Photoshop.

If that doesn't help, you mention you went through all the steps in the help document on optimizing performance for Photoshop. Did you also try these troubleshooting steps: Photoshop lags, freezes, or runs slowly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines