• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New GPU for best rendering

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I building a new computer I7-8700K With 32GB ram.

I have a Msi GTX770 GPU card. Will it help to get at GTX 1060 6GB card?

Using for 4K from Sony A6500, Sony A7RIII and Gopro Hero 5 Black.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't comment on the 1060 (other than to say that it is faster and has more cores) but do be aware that not everything uses CUDA

CUDA, OpenCL, Mercury Playback Engine, and Adobe Premiere Pro | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, I am not sure but my preliminary search show that the GTX 770 has 1536 CUDA Cores while the GTX 1060 has 1280 CUDA cores but the Memory clock on the GTX 1060 is faster.  But the architecture of the GTX 1060 is indeed faster but even with my extreme GPU Accelerated test it only makes a couple of seconds difference unless you take advantage of the ease of overclocking .for another few seconds.  I used my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) GPU data for my conclusions.  Now as you can see from my other question is there the possibility that the OP is running out of Video RAM where that GTX 1060 6GB  MIGHT BE ​helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much memory on that MSI GTX 770?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines