Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse doesn’t host all of my fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a font I’d like to use on a website (Latina). I bought both the desktop and web version, I have already installed the desktop font.

This is a file of one of the font styles for the web font:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 00.41.00.png

When I draw all of my files in the self host area, this window shows up:

(it says: "66 web fonts were found!")

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 00.41.32.png

So long evverything is fine. Now this shows up:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 00.42.16.png

So the first problem is, that Muse doesn't take the regular italic. All the other ones have the green check.

The second and way bigger problem is this one:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-08 um 00.42.39.png

So of the 22 different font styles I dragged in, only 5 show up. I actually don't need all of them, but Muse doesn't take the italic and the non-italic style at one time. To be precise: I need at least the bold, thin and regular and the italic one as well, but Muse only takes one of them, even if I do the same hosting thing with only one font style after another. And as you can also see on the last screen shot: the name says f. e. "Bold" but the bold italic ist shown on the right.

So what am I doing wrong? I hosted another font some months ago and there weren't any problems at all.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

maybe if you install a demo version first then the actual files but I don't see why this would only bugger up Mac users and work in Windows?

at this stage I think Adobe and Frontspring have to do more testing before we will get a solid answer one way or the other

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume its not a full set i.e, some of the symbols are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean that the number of characters is different from style to style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost have the same problem. I try to host a purchased webfont in adobe muse, but it doesn't work. I get a maximum of 2 fonts displayed although I install 12. The 2 fonts are displayed incorrectly. Adobe can you please fix the bug!?
for better understanding I made a short video:

[video removed by ussnorway because it is locked]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has nothing to do with the hosting of 3rd party fonts... that is the job of your host server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'll try to explain it better:

I followed exactly the guidelines of this tutorial from Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/how-to/add-self-hosted-web-fonts.html

It worked so far.

Everything was detected and installed (woff, eos, svg, otf).

But here's my real problem:

The system font is completely displayed and works.

If I now want to use this font as a webfont it only shows me 2 font styles in the Textmenu of Muse.

I think it's a flaw in adobe and not a third one.

Here again a short video showing the bug (I hope you can see it this time):
Adobe Muse — self hosted webfonts bug - YouTube

Greetings, Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying: „I have already installed the desktop font“.

Did you install exactly the Latina TTF, which came with your web font package, of means „already“, that you have installed the desktop font before?

If so, did you have a look into your font collection and deinstall all former versions of Latina in whatever font format (Type 1, otf, …)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a complete font family from Fontspring. All fonts and additional file formats are installed in Muse. It's all right up to here.
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-22 um 13.08.46.png

I've tried OTF and after a new installation I tried it again with TTF.
both unsuccessfully.

Nor do I get an error message in Muse. On the contrary, I even get the green hook. But as soon as I want to select my installed fonts in the text window under Web fonts, it always shows with only 2 fonts.
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-22 um 13.35.30.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-12-22 um 13.37.01.png

When I go back to adding/removing web fonts now to manage my font, it will only show me 2 fonts.
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-22 um 13.37.25.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-12-22 um 13.37.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn‘t answer my question completely: Is there installed the same font in different formats — not in Muse (that isn‘t possible), but in your system?

Unfortunately I can‘t check this in detail, because I don‘t own this specific font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completely uninstalled all fonts again. (also in the system).

Then I did it again as they described it.

Once with the OTF format and after uninstalling again, I tried again with the TTF format.

Both attempts were unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happen to have a licence for "molde reverse" if you want to test that?

p.s, I see he only has basic language support... is German covered by that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now tried again with other settings when downloading the font from Fontspring.com.

Here the settings in Fontspringeditor:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-23 um 10.17.29.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-12-23 um 10.17.45.png

Muse shows me the fonts in the textmenu but now the wrong font styles are shown. I inserted them all manually and made sure to choose the right ones:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-23 um 10.24.25.png

when I go back to the menu "add/remove web fonts" it shows me only 2 fonts again:Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-23 um 10.25.09.png

I will test other fonts now to find out if it's the typeface "molde" or if it's a bug of adobe muse.

first but thank you very much for your support! i will be in touch again. merry christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No file, no help – unfortunately. The screenshots don’t help at all.

Ussnorway​: Would be nice, it you send me your „Molde Reverse“ for testing reasons. You find my email address in a private message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  wrote

send me your „Molde Reverse“ for testing reasons.

done

+ my self hosted on Adobe bc test = text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing some issues with the font "Molde Regular" to UssNorway​:

The font file „molderegularreverse.otf“ works fine in all applications, but the system font doesn’t show up in Muse’s font menu.

Therefore I can install the .woff and .eot fonts, but Muse alerts the missing system font.

Here the Muse font menu along with the Mac’s system font menu:

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried a system restart i.e, shut the Mac down and boot back up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but this isn’t necessary on a Mac. Fonts – web fonts too – are definitely and always installed and activated „on the fly“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes Muse should see any system font "on the fly"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming from high quality print design, I am very acquainted to font handling. Believe me, I tried to restart the computer, circumvent font managing software, clear font caches and all other sort of tricks, but "Molde Regularreverse" doesn’t appear in Muse’s font menu. It show up instantly in all other font menus (InDesign, Illustrator, Pages,… whatever you want), but not in Muse. Perhaps a Mac only issue?

I think, this is a question for the Muse team, what do you think Preran​ or ankushr40215001​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beleave Ankush is in charge right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download the font demos on fontspring, 162 in total and the metadata is all messed up.

After fixing the metadata
molde expanded.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which „metadata“?

How „fixing the metadata“?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Transtype to edit the font metadata and I'm talking about the font weight. All the Molde expanded font fontweight is set to Extrabold. You can also edit the font width and the styling group so they can be listed under the same family name.

molde expanded2.png

Fixed Molde Expanded

molde expanded3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pnoypie  wrote

I download the font demos on fontspring

the demos are all set the same because they are just demos... when you pay | download the actual fonts they are set correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway​: If the font metadata are mixed up (in demo-version), this may help to explain the misbehaviour, which the original poster is encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines