• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize shape layer without scaling mask.

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Photoshop 2018 i cant resize shape layers without scaling the mask. Even though they are not linked. I can move the shape without moving the mask, but i cant transfrom it isolated from the mask... Any idea why is that so?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Are you sure you could do that with CC2017 Stefan? I just tried it and could not resize a vector shape and it's mask independently in CC2017. You can however resize the mask independently. I must admit this is not something I have needed to use in the past so may be wrong here. If you really want to resize a vector shape independently of a mask there is an easy work around-turn the vector shape into a smart object and apply the pixel or vector mask to that smart object-this does work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you could do that with CC2017 Stefan? I just tried it and could not resize a vector shape and it's mask independently in CC2017. You can however resize the mask independently. I must admit this is not something I have needed to use in the past so may be wrong here. If you really want to resize a vector shape independently of a mask there is an easy work around-turn the vector shape into a smart object and apply the pixel or vector mask to that smart object-this does work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Terri, you are right! I didnt know it wasnt possible before, which doesnt make much sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not so sure we have ever been able to do that.  There are always workarounds though.  Grouping the layer, and putting a mask on the group for instance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the advice, Trevor! Thank you both for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines