• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 startup issue

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6 on a new computer.(windows 10) Yes, it is a legal version and yes I de-commissioned it on the old broke-down computer. Works fine except for one problem.

Every single time I turn on Photoshop or InDesign etc. on it insists I am using a trial version.  So, every time I use it I must log onto Adobe and re-register it by typing in the reg number or sometimes I can tell it to continue in trial mode.  Once it even told me I have 23,500 days left on my trial.  Then it made me put in the reg number again anyway.

I called Adobe for help, but you know how that worked out.

Please help.  This is driving me nuts.

Suzanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a while since we heard that one, but it used to be a fairly common issue

Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications unexpectedly revert to trial mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply.

Does not work.

I searched for adobe applications manager on my computer and  could not find it.  So, I figured that I may have uninstalled it by mistake?  So, I downloaded it from adobe and installed it.  I opened Photoshop to deactivate it.  (of course, had to do the password deal again.)  Well, deactivate was grayed out so that I could not use it.  So I went to option two.  Went to open adobe applications manager.  Again, it is nowhere.  I can find no sign of its existence even though I just installed it.  So where is it and how do I open it?  Is this a windows 10 thing?

This is beginning to sound like a two bottles of wine problem.

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have unmarked my replay as Correct as it can lead to other people ignoring the thread.  The Application Manager is part of Adobe Creative Cloud, and how you install and manage the various CC apps.  You would not have it on your system with CS6 Design and Web Premium.  So we need to keep looking.

There's a suggest here from Pete Green, who happens to be the Adobe person who manages this forum.

Photoshop CS6: Trial pop-up continues after registering the software | Photoshop Family Customer Com...

#6 in the Troubleshoot FAQ deals with Trial mode issues

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

Check those and get back to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Sorry to be so late getting back, but I couldn't find this page.  Duh.  I tried the fix again.  It worked until today,  and now the trial thing is back.  I have been using this program on another old vista computer for a few years with no issues.   But back then, I installed all of the programs.  This time I only installed Photoshop 64 and Indesign.  I really don't care for the others at this time.  Could this be the problem?  Or is it Windows 10?

If I uninstall it and then reinstall all the programs on the disk, might it be fixed?

I sure hope I'm not getting punished for not buying the subscription for CC.  I really don't need that.

P.S.  This is also an educational version like one of the guys on the other pages. 

Thanks,

Suzanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines