• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 loses GPU acceleration after sleep

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2018 loses GPU acceleration after sleep. Is this a known issue or some setting? 100% reproducible here.

1. Zoom in/out, nice and fluid, GPU acceleration working
  2. Put computer to sleep
  3. Wake computer up
  4. Zoom in/out, zoom now causing a marquee, dragging slow etc.
  5. Restart Photoshop
  6. Back to 1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Seems resolved in latest update. And/or latest NVidia driver, don't know which, but would guess the former.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actual system info nobody can tell you anything. More than anything else this has to do with your drivers and your energy saving settings, not so much Photoshop, though arguably it could behave more intelligently.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Photoshop loses GPU acceleration. I use other stuff like Mari that works just fine after waking up. All latest drivers, i7 4770k, 32gb ram, 1080 Ti. Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows 10 or 8.1, you could try turning off Hibernation.  It will save you a bunch of drive space, and stop the issues that often arrise after a system wakes after Hibernation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hibernation is turned off. Sorry I thought that was clear when I wrote sleep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've also just tried in CC 2017 and there is no such issue. I think we can agree it's a CC 2018 thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the process as per your list and I cannot replicate the error.

Can you try to disable the GPU, restart PS and enable it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Everything normal, no gpu acceleration after restart. After enabling it again and restarting 3d acceleration is back. Go to sleep, wake up, it's gone again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, do I log this as a bug somewhere? Is this even the right place to get support from Adobe or is this community only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems resolved in latest update. And/or latest NVidia driver, don't know which, but would guess the former.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not resolved.  Running a Radeon 370x win 10 machine and Ihave this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest driver for my NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 (as of this post) and PS 2018 is still losing GPU after sleep.

I found a "temporary" fix to this issue. I have a lot of tabs open in PS, the one tab that is currently open after sleep loses the GPU performance, but the rest are still okay. So what I did is just make a new document as a "dummy", put the computer to sleep, turn it on, and close out the dummy, and GPU is still good with the other tabs. But I am still waiting for Adobe to release a huge bug fix update to PS 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed another issue with PS 2018's GPU performance. Before I say the problem, I have a two monitor setup and dedicated graphics (Intel HD Graphics 620 and NVidia GeForce GTX 1050). I have my PS using the NVidia and running in the main monitor, not secondary. So if I want to drag a tab from PS from my laptop monitor to the secondary, the window does not show anything, even when I zoom in or out, it only shows white. When I bring that tab back to the main screen, it works fine. I have not tried this with PS 2017 so I don't know if this is a PS 2018 issue, or my graphics are acting like crap. Again, I am running the latest drivers for the NVidia card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual graphics is known to cause problems in Photoshop:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

"Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with graphics processor accelerated features in Photoshop.

For best results, connect two (or more) monitors into one graphics card.

If you have to use more than one graphics card, make sure that they are the same make and model. Otherwise, crashes and other problems can occur in Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup I can confirm this now, the active document loses GPU acceleration, others don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. The latest Photoshop and also the latest non-beta NVidia drivers (388.31 from Novomber 15th). Seems the devil is hidden somewhere else than just having the latest SW. The bug started to appear about a week ago. Never happened before and I am using Photoshop daily for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh? Wow that's really weird. I'll keep monitoring on my end, maybe the issue will come back as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines