• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop overlays don't cycle in Lightroom CC 2017

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long-time user of Lightroom Classic, but having a pretty basic problem after migrating to Lightroom CC 2017. I normally press the "O" hotkey to cycle through crop overlays while cropping (e.g. rule of thirds, golden ratio, etc.), but in the new Lightroom CC 2017 this just toggles overlay on/off instead of cycling. I can't find a menu to select overlays to cycle, or work out how to cycle them.

How can I change or cycle the overlay?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

I don't think there's any overlay, apart from the "thirds", in LRCC as yet (if there is, it's very well hidden!). LRCC is a long way from being as fully featured as LR Classic, so if this is an important feature for you, I suggest you post a feature request at the official Adobe feedback site. Hopefully Adobe will be paying close attention to such requests, so the more people who vote for it the better the chance that you'll see it in LRCC soon.

Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any overlay, apart from the "thirds", in LRCC as yet (if there is, it's very well hidden!). LRCC is a long way from being as fully featured as LR Classic, so if this is an important feature for you, I suggest you post a feature request at the official Adobe feedback site. Hopefully Adobe will be paying close attention to such requests, so the more people who vote for it the better the chance that you'll see it in LRCC soon.

Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know. It seems I have misinterpreted Lightroom CC - I thought I was upgrading to the latest / best version, but I now see that's not the case. I'll stick with Classic until the rest of the features are implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC should not be considered to be the latest/best version of Lightroom. Lightroom CC, the new version, is a completely new version that is in version 1 status that is taking Lightroom in a completely new direction targeting a completely different audience. Lightroom Classic CC is still being completely supported and updated, and is what I consider to be the "traditional" Lightroom that has all of the modules and features that we have been accustomed to using for the last several years. Lightroom CC should not be considered as an upgrade or replacement Or improvement. It is taking Lightroom in a new direction, and will be added upon over the next months and perhaps years as Lightroom CC EVOLVES. Lightroom Classic CC will continue providing its traditional services and evolving in its own way as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reference to 'a completely different audience' is lost by a lot of people.

Problem is the 'old' audience is trying to use a new product as if it's just a replacement for the old.

IMO - far too many are trying to replace Classic with CC. Far too may seem to think they can just take their massive libraries/catalogs and start using them in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a long wait. Remember Lr is over a decade old and features are still being added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines