Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my workflow:

• Open the Canon .CR2 file in Adobe Camera Raw
  • Make my adjustments to each file individually
  • Open in Photoshop
  • File >Save as .jpg
  • Adjust .jpg resolution

Needless to say, this can get tedious with a hundred or so files.  Even though I try to group the shots so as to use the previous conversion, I still have to go through the entire save as routine.  I want to save every file as a high quality .jpg, not have to go through the entire process every time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you not using Lightroom? Are you using Photoshop CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a Lightroom job. Adjust the images - synchronized if you like - then export as jpeg to whatever pixel dimensions you set in the Export dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, ACR can do all of this and more using the Save Image/s Options (see screenshot below)…

ACR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you include Bridge in your workflow?  It's a must if you want to speed things up.  I open up files with similar conditions at the same time and sync them in ACR, or sometimes I'll use the Previous Settings option.  I also copy and paste settings.  In Photoshop I have an action that:

1. Copies the background layer
  2. Applies High Pass Filter
  3. Sets that layer to Overlay
  4. Flattens the layers
  5. Saves

Step #4 needs to be 'Flatten' and not merged as it removes information that might make the image try to save as a PSD.  It will always save as JPG after Flatten has been used.

Step #5 will start the save process, but you need to finish it manually.  I use Shift F4 to trigger this action, and have this and other custom shortcuts saved with my multi monitor workspace.  I just switch to Essentials if I need default shortcuts that I have 'borrowed'.  You can run an action from Image Processor if you want to batch process a lot of files, but I prefer to give each file at least a brief look at.

I believe that a few of this forum's regular posters don't use Lightroom.  I have tried it several times, and even paid for it before CC, but I don't like its UI, and I like to have the files open in Photoshop just in case the sharpen action is not enough.  For instance I can step back though History and change the blend mode to hard light instead of Overlay.  I would never go as far as Vivid Light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines