• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 Path tool - Rubber Band is Flashing [MBP]

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop cc 2018, rubber band was checked among the options of path tool.

And the path line of the rubber band is blinking when I do the path working.

How can I solve this problem?

The video is the screen captured when i work.

My computer spec

Mac Book Pro 15" 2013 Retina

Geforce GT 650M 1024MB

16GB memory

2.7Ghz Intel core i7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Ok, I reported it here: Rubber Band blinking on Mac Book Pro in CC 2018 but not CC 2017 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

If and when it will be fixed is up to the Programming team. So use 2017 in the meantime.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MacOS or OSX are you using?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I using the MacOS Sierra Ver. 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see the problem. My two MBPs are mid 2012, one runs 10.12.6, the other 10.13.2

The card on those is a Intel HD 4000.

On both Macs, the Rubber Band blinks on CC 2018, but not on CC 2017.

You can install CC 2017 and see if the problem goes away. Let me know if it does.

The only thing CC 2017 seems to be missing is the path color option in Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off automatic graphics switching in the Energy Saver of the system preferences.

There is no such thing in Photoshop CC 2017. Only CC 2018.  T . T

And my friend's MBP 2017 touchbar model has the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I reported it here: Rubber Band blinking on Mac Book Pro in CC 2018 but not CC 2017 | Photoshop Family Customer Communit...

If and when it will be fixed is up to the Programming team. So use 2017 in the meantime.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not happening on my Windows system, but we were told way back when people complained about the difficulty of seeing the path when high res screens came along, that it was a problem for Adobe to fix and something to do with the way Mac blend modes worked.  So it would be interesting to hear if other Mac users are having similar results to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

It is not happening on my Windows system, but we were told way back when people complained about the difficulty of seeing the path when high res screens came along, that it was a problem for Adobe to fix and something to do with the way Mac blend modes worked.  So it would be interesting to hear if other Mac users are having similar results to you?

Trevor,

My MBPs are standard 1280 x 800 resolution, so the problem seems independent of that. However I checked my Windows 10 Dell and noticed the same flickering. Perhaps CC 2018 is not kind to older cards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines