• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install additional brushes in illustrator draw

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to buy extra brushes to illustrator draw? I'd like the pencil brush there is in adobe sketch but I've done 80% already in illustrator draw. Alternatively, can I export the artwork from illustrator draw to sketch?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Hi Marie,

I'm sorry Draw is not like Sketch in that way; it's not possible to import additional brushes/drawing tools. And, for a little more bad news... the only way to bring Draw content into Sketch is to bring it into an Image Layer (it could be a part of your composition, but it would not be an editable drawing).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie,

I'm sorry Draw is not like Sketch in that way; it's not possible to import additional brushes/drawing tools. And, for a little more bad news... the only way to bring Draw content into Sketch is to bring it into an Image Layer (it could be a part of your composition, but it would not be an editable drawing).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is real bummer, severely limited the usability of Illustrator Draw. Is this a feature the engineers are working on implementing in the future? Seems like a heck of a missed opportunity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott.

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

This is definitely a feature that's being considered by the drawing team. Unfortunately I don't have a timeline or more information that I can share.

I'll for sure pass your comments along to the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I agree - more brushes is a must!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to bring in custom brushes from Adobe Illustrator into Draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a great program but it definitely needs more brushes. It's too limiting with it's current brush config. Very unfortunate that you can't currently add more. There are far more robust drawing apps that allow you to add brushes. I'd rather use Draw but I'll be switching drawing apps until this is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What other iPad apps allow drawing with a brush and are vector based? Reason I ask is I’m after an app with more brushes that I can draw a logo then move to Mac so it can be scaled and is hi resolution.

Eg Adobe Sketch is not good enough as when imported into illustrator or a like its blurry compared to vector based lines and drawings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 'procreate'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own and use procreate.  The downside of Procreate is that it does not support vector based drawing.  One good use case example for Adobe Draw is inking.  I much prefer to do inking in Adobe Draw - as limited a program that it is.  I also like the interaction of the Adobe iPad apps with the desktop apps.

Adobe iPad apps deserve a lot more "love" from user and definitely more development from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Vectornator 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And adobe fresco you can import brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sajbad: Are you able to install vector brushes from your Illustrator CC library??

Or just from Photoshop, pixel brushes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having great fun with affinity designer which has become my favorite iPad up for vector graphics, I have quite a few of them and I use this one the most. Then for certain other tasks I use Photoshop in my computer or Photoshop in the iPad along with other Adobe apps like fresco which can have some fun effects. But I got a bunch of brushes from creative market and they are just amazing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New, and looking for some real info on the Ai Draw program that I got on my tablet.

Can't seem to find a "users guide".

ISO of all basic info like brush descriptions, file sizes, what I can & can't do.

Any help is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TOC.

Unfortunately, there isn't a user guide for Draw.

There is a brief tutorial that calls out some of the basic features and function in Draw; you can find that here: Draw vector art on the go |

There is a also a short (older) blog post on the Layers function in the app (the post is about Sketch but it applies to Draw too): Fans Finally Get Layers in Photoshop Sketch | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Another thing that a lot of people like to know how to do is how to import a photo into a layer so they can draw on top of it. Here's how to do that:

1. When you open a new Draw artboard, you'll see a Background Layer opposite the toolset.

2. Tap the + just above it to open a pop-up menu with the choices Draw Layer and Image Layer.

3. Tap Image Layer

4. Then choose from where you'd like to import the image (On my iPad, Take a Photo, My CC Files, From Market, From [Adobe] Stock, Paste Image).

5. After you add the photo create a new Draw Layer on top of the Image Layer and draw on that. (The order of layers can be changed with a press-hold-and-drag on the layer you want to move.)

That will probably get you started. And you can always email me through the in-app feedback (tap Settings then Send Feedback) with any additional questions.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More brushes, in particular textured, pencil type ones would be very useful. Hopefully this capability is not too far away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura.

I don't know what the plans are for additional drawing tools in Draw, but I'll share your request with the product team.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unfortunate that cloud brush collections can't be linked to Illustrator Draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoran,

I understand that this won't be a pleasant experience for you but I've noted the feedback and would be passing it onto the product team.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sheena!

Zoran.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought an 6th ed. iPad and i Love Illustrator Draw as much as I love Procreate. But i also would like to put in my voice for increased functionality for Illustrator Draw. Great job Adobe, doodles on the go is super awesome! But really, I believe it can be so much, much more with just a few tweaks! #Adobe team? dead thread? any more out there? Sheena Kaul​ Sue Garibaldi​ (PS: Sorry in advance if it's just me hasn't found new features added since '18)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines