Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom CC fails with "access denied"

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried and failed to run the new Lightroom CC app on my iMac (5k, 27", late 2015, running MacOS 10.13 High Sierra with the latest patches).

I have a Creative Cloud Photography subscription and the Creative Cloud desktop installer showed me both "Lightroom CC" and "Lightroom Classic CC" as available full downloads. After I downloaded Lightroom CC it started to run, but then failed with an error message saying it was not able to sign up to my account (even though it showed the right account name).

The error message contained the string "{"error":"access_denied"}" and continues "Please check your account information". When I click on OK, it opens my Adobe online account management page (where I am currently signed in) on the "Account" tab. But there is no trace of what might have gone wrong: I am logged in and my ID is verified (green check mark).

Just to clarify:

Lightroom Classic CC shows me under the "Help" menu that I am logged in with my account details, but when I go into the menu "Lightroom > Preferences > Lightroom CC" it says that I am not logged in - and it gives me no possibility to change that: the "join" button leads to the general Photography Subscription page, the "Additional account information" button to my online account management.

I cross-checked my subscription, and it is the Creative Cloud Photography subscription including both CC and Classic CC.

What can be the reason for this?

Klaus

Description changed for clarification

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

This worked for me. In the upper right hand corner, there should still be a "Sign Out" button. A popup will ask you to sign out/deactivate Creative Cloud. Then it should immediately ask you to sign in again, and all was good for me from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

Had same issue, signing-out and signing-in again to whole adobe cc helped (within app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. In the upper right hand corner, there should still be a "Sign Out" button. A popup will ask you to sign out/deactivate Creative Cloud. Then it should immediately ask you to sign in again, and all was good for me from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - it works now!

The "Sign out" button in the upper right corner did the trick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

¡Muchas gracias! me funcionó perfecto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines