• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to document windows, tabs

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened document by script, then I select by script menu item: Window->Arrange->New window for <document>.

And I see 2 tabs/windows of the same document. I didn't find how I can calculate or close this windows/tabs by script.

I found only that I can manipulate with documents but app.documents.length is still one. If I call app.activedocument.close It will close 2 tabs

Didi anybody resolve such problem?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save it as "Window to Right.jsx":

function arng() {

i = (len = (a = arguments).length) - len; while(i < len) {

function sTT(v) {return stringIDToTypeID(v)} (ref1 = new ActionReference())

.putEnumerated(sTT('menuItemClass'), sTT('menuItemType'), sTT(a[i++]));

(dsc1 = new ActionDescriptor()).putReference(sTT('null'), ref1),

executeAction(sTT('select'), dsc1, DialogModes.NO)

}

}

documents.add(), arng('newView', 'tile'), File($.fileName.slice(0, -3) + 'exe').execute()

Save it as "Window to Right.exe":

WinGet wins, List

Loop, % wins {

id := "ahk_id "wins%A_Index%

d := "OWL.DocumentWindow"

WinGetClass c1, % id

if (c1 = d) {

if (i) {

WinKill % id

break

}

i++

}

}

'Window to Right' in file name must be common for .jsx and .exe as $.fileName executes .exe that is in the same folder as .jsx

Copy them to your Presets folder of your Photoshop and after relaunching choose from File / Scripts 'Window to Right' item.

JS will create new document, make new window/tab for this document and arrange both vertically (1st to left, 2nd to right).

Finally it executes autohokey.com script. It is compiled from .ahk to .exe format, so there is no need for you to download AHK, as far as you're not going to edit that script I wrote. That it does is making loop over all current (not only Ps) windows and when first Photoshop document (new tab created) is found it skips it to close another one (previously opened as first).

It's very good way if you want your docs were opened on the right side of screen (via applied script) due to preferences of some users, not on the left like it's by default in case on single document. However when your intention is to open 2 docs but strictly 1st as first and 2nd as 2nd to have first on right and second on left part of screen you probably can't do it easly with only Photoshop. You have start a process which between both documents openings will make a new window for 1st one to "tile these 'twins' vertically", run ahk script and open second document to make vertical arrangement once again.

I'm attaching 'Window to Right.exe' if you don't want to install autohotkey language: Dropbox - Window to Right.exe

Important: if you'd like to continue .jsx with some more code then .exe will not have effect. To change it there must be additional code line at end of .exe (after its ran by .jsx) which will run .jsx again. If so current .jsx script must have other constraction than now, ie. be divided into conditional segments. So have a scheme like it:

if (there are not opened documents) {

play those 10 lines I wrote

}

else {

continue your part of code...

}

Actually for practise as I'm still novice into Autohotkey I created program for that I just described as well as rewrote .jsx part:

#target photoshop

function arng() {

i = (len = (a = arguments).length) - len; while(i < len) {

function sTT(v) {return stringIDToTypeID(v)} (ref1 = new ActionReference())

.putEnumerated(sTT('menuItemClass'), sTT('menuItemType'), sTT(a[i++]));

(dsc1 = new ActionDescriptor()).putReference(sTT('null'), ref1),

executeAction(sTT('select'), dsc1, DialogModes.NO)

}

}

if (!documents.length) {

documents.add(), arng('newView', 'tile'),

File($.fileName.slice(0, -3) + 'exe').execute()

}

else {

alrt = 'There\'s only one document on the'

alrt += ' right side of screen!', alert(alrt)

}

Not updated to DropBox, so download AHK, paste it to editor, save, then right click on file in Windows and choose 'Compile'.

rnm := RegExReplace(A_ScriptFullPath, "exe$", "jsx")

while t1 != txt := "Script Alert" {

WinGet wins, List

Loop, % wins {

id := "ahk_id "wins%A_Index%

d := "OWL.DocumentWindow"

WinGetClass c1, % id

if sA {

WinGetTitle t1, % id

if (t1 = txt) {

send {Enter}

break

}

if A_TickCount - tme > 1000 {

t1 := txt

break

}

}

else if (c1 = d && !sA) {

if i {

tme := A_TickCount

WinKill % id

run % rnm

sA = 1

break

}

i++

}

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer but AHK is not good solution for me because I need MacOS support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines