• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

apple update has wiped actions and brushes I created

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest apple update on OS high Sierra has wiped out all my brushes I have created or imported and also my actions. I renamed each brush to describe it and although I have saved copies I will have to rename each individual brush all over again as many have a generic title.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a photoshop question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.  I had a lot of sets of brushes and they were grouped. I also had a lot of actions I had made.  today I did an update to apple and now I have no photoshop brushes except the default ones, and no actions. it worked perfectly before the update so ii assume adobe need to also update their system to match the new apple add ons. I have tried to re do the brushes and I do not have the facility to group.  its like the older CC2017 before the latest advances to brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sussed it, I re installed PS and they are back - phew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good.  maybe this will help someone else.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop General Discussion]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think what you saw happen was after you updated you Apple OS and the started Photoshop.  Something cause Photoshop to reset your user id Photoshop Preferences.  So you were the using Photoshop default preferences.  Only Photoshop default brushes and actions were loaded the one you added and loaded were no longer in your User ID Saved Photoshop Preferences you were back at square one.  You may have been able to use a backup or menu Edit>Preferences>Migrate Preferences to migrate preferences from an older version of Photoshop.  

Try Editing you Preferences and click on reset preferences and the stop and start Photoshop to see if this is what you saw.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines