Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP 8 issues list

Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it would be convenient to collect in a single thread all the issues developers run into with CEP 8 – please read the latest documentation CEP-Resources/CEP 8.0 HTML Extension Cookbook.md at master · Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources · GitHub and contribute here with your findings. Please prefix with the CC app code you're testing against, eg. [PS], [ID], [IL], etc.

• [PS] Google Chrome 62.0.3202.62 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6) can't connect the debug session. The page correctly loads, showing the usual textual link with the panel title, but clicking the link leads to a blank page. The Console shows:

inspector.js:601 Uncaught Error: No setting registered: showAdvancedHeapSnapshotProperties   

at Common.Settings.moduleSetting (inspector.js:601)   

at Object.Common.moduleSetting (inspector.js:698)   

at Common.VersionController._updateVersionFrom3To4 (inspector.js:646)   

at Common.VersionController.updateVersion (inspector.js:640)   

at Main.Main._createSettings (inspector.js:8500)   

at Main.Main._gotPreferences (inspector.js:8496)   

at Host.InspectorFrontendHostStub.getPreferences (inspector.js:892)   

at Main.Main._loaded (inspector.js:8494)   

at windowLoaded (inspector.js:287)

Workaround: use Google Chromium instead (see Download Chromium - The Chromium Projects )

• [PS] Using Version="8.0" in the manifest.xml (both in the <ExtensionManifest> and <RequiredRuntime>) makes the panel disappear from the Extensions list in PS CC 2018. Shouldn’t that be in sync with the CEP latest version??
  • [PS] Setting the panel's window.location = "chrome://version"doesn't load in the Panel the Chrome Version page anymore – it used to work fine with CC 2017.
  • [PS ] Panel Geometry bug: setting in the manifest.xml <Size>, <MinSize> and <MaxSize> with equal values doesn't produce a fixed size (unresizable) panel anymore, as it used to do with any other pre-2018 version. In order to make a fixed sized panel in 2018, set only the <Size> tag. That is to say: panel is fixed size in 2018 but not in CC, 2014, 2015, 2015.5, 2017 or the other way around. Moreover, a panel that is collapsed/reopened, has completely wrong width/height, and may hide relevant content.
  • [PS] Bug with Panel Refresh (either via Command+R on Chromium Dev Tools, or "window.location.reload(true)" in the panel). You may run into problems with Node after the first refresh unless you have both --enable-nodejs and --mixed-context flags in your manifest.xml
  • [ALL] Some videos that used to play well (e.g. from YouTube) in CEP7, won't play at all in CEP8. This is due to a WebM VP9 codec that Chromium doesn't support anymore (the codec License doesn't get along well with the Chromium License, so they dropped the support)
  • No CEF Client, nor an updated version of the ZXPSignCmd command-line utility, yet.

I'll keep adding items to this list – I'm currently updating my Photoshop HTML Panels Development course to CC 2018 and I'm still finding stuff. Please look at the official documentation for Node.js changes in CEP 8 – if your panel uses node, you'd better off reading that.

Davide

Message was edited by: Davide Barranca, October 21st

Davide Barranca - PS developer and author
www.ps-scripting.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just noticed that in CC2018 I cannot input letters anymore into text input fields, if I registered KeyEventInterest in the respective keyboad keys. Works fine on Ae & Pr CC2017 but not on Ae & Pr CC2018.

Anybody having the same issue? Workarounds?

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post a little bit of your code then I might have time to try something out later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the difference now. Seems like in CC2018 the jquery event $('html').keydown()

fires when keyevent interest is registered even if a text input has focus and in earlier versions it does not fire.

Inside the callback for this event I had a event.preventDefault(); and removing this statement makes the text input work again as expected.

Thanks a lot for offering your help, Trevor!

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have encountered the following two issues in [Pr]emiere Pro 2018. That said, I suspect that the root issue is in CEP, rather than something PPro-specific. See:

The first of these two issues is surprisingly painful and requires drastic workaround (stop using oninput altogether and use onchange with form validation as a poor-man's substitute).

Both of these issues were introduced in Premiere Pro CC2018 (v12.0.0).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding one more to the list:

Tested solely in Premiere Pro CC 2018 (v12.0.0).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing from list it's not a but see [BUG] &lt;select&gt; element contents not rendered near bottom of panel window

I'm not gong to debate why it's not a bug, but either way the 'fix' is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting "fix" in quotes as you did was the right call The fix proposed for this bug is indeed a workaround to the actual bug. A description of why this is "not a bug" would go a long way in helping.

For now, I propose that this remain on the list of bugs because it is a standard element that breaks on the simplest of implementations (as seen on the GitHub bug report).

IF this is an otherwise known issue that has the root cause somewhere deep in the CEP implementation details and cannot be fixed in a future release, then it should be documented in the Cookbook (at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lesavage​ wrote some years back, (couldn't find were). That Adobe will not deal with the issue which is a Webkit issue and not an Adobe one.

So according to her you need to be in touch with Google.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the links to the posts. That is helpful.

I did a little digging into the Open Source CEF and Blink issues and could not find a bug report about this problem. From what I could tell based on the reading, this might be a problem that Adobe does need to fix. I will put the details at the link I reported on the GitHub Issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines