Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as Other Text Not working on some computers

Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form on a Windows 7 Enterprise machine running Adobe Acrobat DC.  The users are running Reader XI - the user chooses radio yes no buttons on page one that trigger text boxes to appear on page two.  Once filled out, they are instructed  to go to Save As Other>Text and save the file then open it in notepad and copy and paste the text into a piece of proprietary software.

All of the user's machines are set up the same and running the same OS and same version of reader.  I have verified all of the settings that I can think of are the same.  Some users get all of the text and text box information and others are only getting the text and no form text boxes - If I choose to export to text in acrobat I am only getting the text and no form data.  Does anyone have any idea what else to check or a better way to be able to copy and paste or save to text or anyway of getting the data in the text boxes in a location that the users can copy and paste?

Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ren,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please refer and try the steps and suggestions in the following KB doc which discusses the similar issue Can't save data placed in form fields

"save as" pop up box does not allow me to save the document.

Fix the common issues in fillable forms in Acrobat or Reader

Can't fill out or save PDF forms in Adobe Reader

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines