• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete PSE 7 from my PC after updating to PSE 15?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, almost everything is said. I bought PSE 15 as an update version and have successfully installed it. Can I now delete the old PSE 7 or will this cause a licensing issue because PSE 15 is an update version "only"? Thanks for your answers and have a nice day!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

rolandm26684940  wrote

Well, almost everything is said. I bought PSE 15 as an update version and have successfully installed it. Can I now delete the old PSE 7 or will this cause a licensing issue because PSE 15 is an update version "only"? Thanks for your answers and have a nice day!

Each version of the program is independent and you can retain both on the same machine.

Unless you are pressed for disk space, I suggest that you hold on to PSEv.7 for a while, at least until you are sure that everyt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rolandm26684940  wrote

Each version of the program is independent and you can retain both on the same machine.

Unless you are pressed for disk space, I suggest that you hold on to PSEv.7 for a while, at least until you are sure that everything is working to your satisfaction, esp. the organizer.

When you do decide to uninstall PSEv.7, deactivate it via the help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you hatstead, that's what I wanted to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rolandm26684940  wrote

Thank you hatstead, that's what I wanted to know.

You're welcome. glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rolandm26684940  wrote

Can I now delete the old PSE 7

Just to be clear: Uninstall, not delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Peru Bob: Thanks, yes I meant to "uninstall" when I said "delete". Sorry for not being precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines