• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

closing a file

Participant ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm afraid I'm about to ask a very stupid question but please keep in mind that I'm brand new to Animate.  How do you close a file so you can start a new project?  there is no close under file.  I tried shutting Animate down Animate down and reopening it, but it opens the same project.  If you can help me out with this I would really appreciate it.  Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

I couldn't figure out how to get back to the templates but I found them by clicking start at the top center of the page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It's not stupid. Don't be afraid to ask.

Anyway, you may have not paid enough attention, but there is a Close option (Ctrl + W / Cmd + W) under the File option (Windows). On Mac, it's under the application name, I guess.

The, you just have to go to File > Open (Ctrl + O / Cmd + O) or Open Recent or double click a .fla in the OS' file explorer or even use the Welcome Screen if you didn't deactive it choosing "Don't show again".

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mindyt743513  wrote

there is no close under file.

fileclose.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I know but I figured out what I needed to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of future users who may have this problem, it would be beneficial for you to document what you needed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't figure out how to get back to the templates but I found them by clicking start at the top center of the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Err... okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines