• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Updater for CS4 not working Mac High Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Updater for CS4 is not working on Mac with High Sierra.  Not able to use any of the CS4 Suite. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Hi Nancy:

CS4 was released in 2008 and was compatible withOS 10.4.11–10.5.4 (that's Tiger and Leopard, I think). Since then Apple has released Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10: Yosemite, OS X 10.11: El Capitan, macOS 10.12: Sierra, and of course, macOS 10.13: High Sierra.

From https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/which-apps-wont-work-in-macos-high-sierra-3664177/ :

Photoshop

In terms of older versions of the Adobe apps, users of Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy:

CS4 was released in 2008 and was compatible withOS 10.4.11–10.5.4 (that's Tiger and Leopard, I think). Since then Apple has released Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10: Yosemite, OS X 10.11: El Capitan, macOS 10.12: Sierra, and of course, macOS 10.13: High Sierra.

From https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/which-apps-wont-work-in-macos-high-sierra-3664177/ :

Photoshop

In terms of older versions of the Adobe apps, users of Adobe Photoshop CS4 may encounter problems but Adobe has announced that it won't be checking those apps for compatibility with High Sierra. Our version of PhotoShop (CS5.5) seemed to work in High Sierra.

It would be awesome if you can get it to work, but I wouldn't expect it. Do you have an older machine you can use? My best advice is not to upgrade your OS if you don't want to upgrade your applications.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone saying they are from Adobe said to give them my Skype number and now is asking for my Adobe id and password. Sounds fishy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO! Don't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We hear about this sometimes, but the Adobe staff doesn't use Skype and they will never request your ID or Password. Please don't give it to them, and please message me with their user name so that I can report this.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobesystems_24x7

Nancy (mobile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy and good for you for following your instincts.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb

Thanks for your help

I’d like to report the folks within the Adobe community who contacted me but cannot get to anywhere appropriate within the Adobe help system. Any suggestions? You can see that all those who replied except for you asked for my Skype and other contact info.

Nancy (mobile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy: I already reported it, but the Adobe offices are closed all this week for the holidays. I will touch base with you once I hear back from someone.

Anyone is able to answer forum questions. But Adobe staff will have an Adobe badge next to their name, and the Adobe recognized experts (volunteers like me) will either have an ACP badge or an MVP badge. We may ask to see a file on occasion to help answer a question and you can choose to share it with us or not, usually via a file sharing website like dropbox. But none of us should ever ask you for your password, or offer to Skype. That’s the red flag that a scammer is up to no good. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Nancy (mobile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way you can revert to your previous OS? 

I won't sugar coat it.  CS4 is not compatible with High Sierra.  Apple made major changes to High Sierra starting with an all new file management system.  For many people, High Sierra was a total disaster.  And reverting to the old OS was their best option.

will cs4 work on high sierra |Official Apple Support Communities

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cs4 updater doesn't work on any operating system anymore, so it's not just a High Sierra issue.

One workaround is to start cs4, set your mac's clock back to 2009, and then use Help>Updates from within cs4 and the updater should work and don't forget to disable internet time setting and then turn the date back after the updater finishes and before running any other applications.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, the next best, but tedious thing, is to go to the adobe Updates page, find and download the cs4 updates and then you might have follow the directions on this page under Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4 to install the updates, if trying to install the regular way doesn't work.

Adobe software and product updates

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

I do have photoshop cs4 running on High Sierra and it's works pretty well with a couple glitches, but nothing so far that causes crashes.

Can't speak for the rest of the other cs4 applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had checked no auto updates, but was updated to High Sierra during the night. Unknow to me. My Adobe Photo Shop CS4 does work in some areas but the CLONE stamp does not work. Do you know if I follow your last suggestion with creative suite on macOS 12.12, if the clone stamp works? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines