• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Resolution Downgraded When Sharing

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in Lightroom CC, I use both Android and Windows devices to manage my photos.  In Windows, when I save a photo to my local drive, everything is fine.  I get the full resolution image.  In Android, when I try to share directly to Flickr, it works fine but I get a downgraded image (approximately half the pixels in height and width).  Is there a setting I'm missing?  I want the full resolution image exported to Flickr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

When you Save To Device as here Reg, do you get the size option (and if so is it better)?

Get started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC for mobile app on Android

Maybe when sharing it only can do low res... similar to this thread:

Lightroom mobile: On iPad uploading to Facebook at very low resolution | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reg,

Just to confirm, are you using the new Cloud based Lightroom CC or the traditional folder based Lightroom (that is now know as Classic)?

Also, if you save to the phone’s gallery (is that what it Is called on Android?) can you determine what the resolution is then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selondon,

I'm definitely using CC.  I love it much more than the old Lightroom.

Gallery has been dumped in favour of Google Photos.  They change every few months it seems.  Anyway, the results are the same.  I'll describe the exact situation below.

I select an image in Lightroom CC for Windows (on W10) and I choose "Save To..." and choose "Full Size" and I get a JPG that is 4896x3264 which is exactly what my Fujifilm X-E1 creates.  This image is 4.79 MB in size.

I select the exact same image in Lightroom CC for Android on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I choose "Share to Flickr" and I get an image that is 2048x1365 and the image is about 340k in size.  I get the same reduced resolution when I choose "Share to Google Photos" or "Share to Dropbox".  I do not see any option to export "Full Size" in the Android app, unlike the Windows app.

I really would love to do this from my phone but I'm not willing to throw away most of the image's quality for that convenience.  Any assistance would be really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Save To Device as here Reg, do you get the size option (and if so is it better)?

Get started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC for mobile app on Android

Maybe when sharing it only can do low res... similar to this thread:

Lightroom mobile: On iPad uploading to Facebook at very low resolution | Photoshop Family Customer C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seladon,

You're a star!  I did do a Save to Device and got the full sized image, and was clearly prompted about whether I want it to downsample the image.  Sharing gave me no such choice.  It does appear that sharing forces that downsampling which is irritating but not critical now that I have this workaround.  Thanks for your help!

Reg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines