• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom CC & existing Ps CS5

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot a Nikon D4s. I cannot add a watermark or copywrite text with any of my Nikon Capture software. I had Photoshop CS5 on my laptop and desktop systems running on Win 10. I signed up for Lightroom CC and I thought Photoshop was included. I downloaded Lr CC and when I tried to edit in Photoshop, PS 5 CS opened and could not read my file. I deleted Photoshop (not uninstall which I tried to do) wondering if the the Photoshop included in the Lr CC subsrciption would be in launched. No such luck.

What is my error? Isn't Photoshop included in the subscription? Do I download Lightroon CC again  and now Photoshop will download with it? Did I make a mistakeby initiating all of this new technology? (I am not well versed in newer software.)

Thank you in advance for your time taken for responding,

Randy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

It seems that Adobe has taken it upon themselves to confuse their customer base, and they have done an outstanding job. There are now two versions of Lightroom. Lightroom CC is NOW a new cloud-based program that is all new technology that is in version 1 status. If you subscribed to just Lightroom CC, Photoshop is not included but you have 1 TB of cloud storage to store all of your images. As time passes more and more features will be added. If you subscribed to the Adobe photography package, th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Adobe has taken it upon themselves to confuse their customer base, and they have done an outstanding job. There are now two versions of Lightroom. Lightroom CC is NOW a new cloud-based program that is all new technology that is in version 1 status. If you subscribed to just Lightroom CC, Photoshop is not included but you have 1 TB of cloud storage to store all of your images. As time passes more and more features will be added. If you subscribed to the Adobe photography package, that includes Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop and Lightroom CC. But it only includes 20 GB of cloud storage. It is a completely different package intended for perhaps a different approach to utilizing the cloud services available. Lightroom Classic CC is the Lightroom that has been available to users for the last decade or so, with different modules and well developed features. Both versions of Lightroom are under development and are intended for different types of users. From what you have written, it is unclear what your intentions are and what it is you are expecting from Lightroom. And it's also unclear exactly which plan you have subscribed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim for your time. I agree with your statement about confusing the customer. Adobe makes it difficult to find any answers. I searched for a phone number to simply talk to a support person to answer my questions. I find myself disappointed with product support.

I did the photography based subscription with only 20 GB cloud storage and $9.99 monthly. Photoshop should have been included. Attempting the web-based tutorials is virtually impossible because I can't figure out exactly what software I am actually running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you subscribed to the photography plan then all you have to do is go to the Creative Cloud desktop application manager and install Photoshop and Lightroom Classic CC. Then start watching all the tutorials you can and sort out what it is that you really want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good afternoon Jim;

Thank you for your help. I downloaded Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC. Each can open my .NEF files from my Nikon D4s. I should be good to go. Now the learning curve is ahead of me. I am on vacation with my laptop but now know how to setup my desktop for photo management upon returning.

Thank you,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines