• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert swf to HTML5

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on converting all of our Captivate simulations from .swf to HTML5.  Unfortunately I cannot locate the original Captivate files for 9 of our lessons; I only have the .swf output files.  Is there a way to open the .swf with Captivate so I can publish it back out as HTML5?  These are interactive simulations, so I can't convert to MP4, FLV, or other video outputs.

I have both Captivate 5.5 and Captivate 8.  These courses were originally made with Captivate 5 or 5.5.

I also have Adobe Animate CC or Media Encoder if anyone knows of a way to accomplish the same end goal with another program. 

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Hi There,

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to open the SWF output in Captivate. You will need the Captivate source files (.CPTX) in order to republish the HTML5 output.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to open the SWF output in Captivate. You will need the Captivate source files (.CPTX) in order to republish the HTML5 output.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ajit points out, you do need the original cptx-files. However, it is not simple a conversion neither, especially with very old version (CP5) you'll have to edit quite a lot. Not only the HTML5 output has been added, but Themes which did change the whole design of Captivate projects appeared with CP6.

Animate CC allows to publish a raw fla file to HTML5, but SWF is the published file, not the raw file.

Media Encoder is just for conversion of audio and video formats to another format. You could play the SWF and record it with Video Demo, but you clearly told that you are talking about interactive courses. I am very sorry, you'll have to recreate the files from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thats why we have jobs but the limited capability of the tooling gets boring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources