• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have post-Rendered my comp and used it more than 30 places in my project. Now i want to edit that comp.

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a composition & I used that comp in my project here and there (more than 30 places).
When I have Post-Rendered it, It replaced the comp with the Rendered video.

At that time it was perfect.

Now I wanna edit the comp. If I edit that comp, Do  I have to change the rendered video with my Edited-comp everywhere?

Is there any way where I can,

First - Replace the Post-rendered video with my comp (Not edited).

Second - Edit that comp.

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 6.58.07 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

You can use the Replace Footage command.  Highlight the layer you want to replace.  Go to the project pane and highlight the clip -- in your case, a comp -- to replace the layer.  Alt-drag (Opt-drag Mac) the clip onto the layer.  If you have more than one layer in the comp to be replaced by the same clip, you can do them all at once.

Now -- if you did NOT stipulate that you wanted to replace a pre rendered clip with a comp, this would be a lot easier.  You would pre render the comp.  If the new c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Replace Footage command.  Highlight the layer you want to replace.  Go to the project pane and highlight the clip -- in your case, a comp -- to replace the layer.  Alt-drag (Opt-drag Mac) the clip onto the layer.  If you have more than one layer in the comp to be replaced by the same clip, you can do them all at once.

Now -- if you did NOT stipulate that you wanted to replace a pre rendered clip with a comp, this would be a lot easier.  You would pre render the comp.  If the new comp has the same name as the old one, the new prerender would just replace the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can replace items on the timeline by selecting the layer and Alt-dragging the new item onto it. you have to do it individually for all comps, though. There is no way to replace a fooatge item with a comp in the project window directly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines