• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text bounding box disappears when I zoom in

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started working on a fairly large psb file (1080 x 44382px) and it seems I'm experiencing either memory or graphics issues. I'm a bit confused as this has never happened before (but I haven't exactly worked on a file this big either). When I edit the text that's at the beginning of the file, I can actually see the bounding box at 100%, however, the further I go down the file and edit, the more I have to zoom out to actually start seeing the box. It has come to a point where I now see it only at 35% and it's becoming very difficult to edit the file. I already tried editing the file performance options and allocated ~12gb of RAM to PS. I've looked this up online, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm having trouble with as I'm not getting any errors (no memory issue errors, nothing).

This is my performance settings if it helps:

settings.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

A couple of things :

Can you try with the GPU unchecked (you will need to re-open the document).

What version of Photoshop are you using?  - I will try it here with a similar size document.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen that symptom when running short of memory/scratch disk  but symptoms can vary. You could try making your D drive your primary scratch disk. 50GB of space on the C is not a lot and will quickly fill up if using large files.. Just highlight D and move it upward with the arrow symbol.

Don't be tempted to push the mory available to Photoshop too high. The rest of your system still needs RAM space to operate.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input! I tried doing as you suggested, restarted my PC, but I'm afraid the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things :

Can you try with the GPU unchecked (you will need to re-open the document).

What version of Photoshop are you using?  - I will try it here with a similar size document.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with the GPU unchecked and it worked. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - now that you know it was the GPU you can recheck it but try the various advanced settings , Basic, Normal, Advanced to see if any will work.  If none work - check whether there is an update to the driver.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines