• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd Crop Tool Behavior on Photoshop CC 2018 Mac

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm getting odd behavior from the crop tool on Photoshop CC 2018 on Mac High Sierra.

When I crop a multi layer document two odd things occur:

~ The layers are no longer lined up.

~ The color values sometimes change. After cropping, the image is often much darker.

If I flatten the image and then crop there are no problems.

Anybody else getting this?

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I would start by resetting the Crop tool (right click the left-most icon in the Options Bar):

Screenshot 2017-12-28 08.48.49.png

And then try resetting Photoshop prefs:
PS delete prefs.png

~Barb

EDIT: I am just on Sierra. Still waiting for the all-clear on the Adobe apps to upgrade to High-Sierra. That said, I haven't seen anyone else mention this specific issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions. I tried both tips but neither worked to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm. Assuming it is some weird High Sierra/PS 2018 bug, you can report it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem​.

The only other idea I have is to try stamping as a workaround. Select the top layer and use the shortcut Cmd Opt Sh E, which will copy all of the existing layers to one new merged layer. This keeps the layers intact for edits. Does the issue still occur on the underlying layers?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stamping is my current workaround and there are no issues with the creation of the merged layer or the original layers.

The only issue I have discovered is with the crop tool.

Anyone have other ideas to resolve this? Otherwise I'll submit a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines