Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw / DNG Converter Downloads

Participant ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a very hard time understanding the Camera Raw and the DNG Converter downloads. The link below is the Adobe site for all windows, Camera Raw and DNG downloads.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

As you can see version 7.1 and before offers the option to download the Camera Raw OR the DNG Converter.

Where as version 7.2 to current, (10.0) only offers the Camera Raw + the DNG download.

For a CS6 user, how do I download the Camera Raw 9.1.1 only, without the DNG Converter 9.1.1?

How do I download the current, DNG Converter 10.0 only without the Camera Raw 10.0?

I understand if my camera doesn't support the version of Camera Raw I am using, I need to use the DNG Converter. However, I can always use the most up to date version of the DNG Converter, regardless of what version of Camera Raw my version of Photoshop supports. Is this correct?

Do you recommend to upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6 just for the Camera Raw version?

Photoshop CS5 supports up to Camera Raw 6.7.1

Photoshop CS6 supports up to Camera Raw 9.1.1

I can see upgrading to Photoshop CS6, if the camera I plan on using is supported in Camera Raw 9.1.1. This would save me the extra step in having to use the DVG Converter. However, the Cannon camera I'm looking at right now is not supported in Camera Raw 9.1.1 and I would have to use the DNG Converter anyways.

Thanks,

Leo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

You can't upgrade to CS5 or CS6. Both are not sold or supported by Adobe anymore.

The latest DNG converter will work for your current version of Photoshop.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't upgrade to CS5 or CS6. Both are not sold or supported by Adobe anymore.

The latest DNG converter will work for your current version of Photoshop.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Photoshop CS5 and thinking about purchasing a full version of Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible at all.

The Photography Plan offers the latest Photoshop at $10 monthly.

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? I see quite a few unopened, copies up for sale. I'm not interested in a monthly subscription. Nothing personal with Adobe. I don't own a business, taking pictures and editing them is just a hobby for me.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really have to be careful buying software that adobe no longer sells.

One of the biggest software scams in the adobe world is to sell pirated copies of photoshop to unsuspecting buyers.

These people can clone the software so no one can tell the difference, that is until you go to activate the software and serial number shows as no good.

Believe us when we say there have been hundreds of posts throughout the years of people wondering why there seemly legitimate photoshop doesn't activate when they bought it cheap and/or from a sketchy seller especially on ebay.

If you could find a local box store that has one, i might take a chance, since an established business is less likely to pass off pirated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And people are even more upset when (a) the purchased software includes malware and (b) the purchased software installs at first then later, when Adobe discover the latest fraud, stops working. I strongly advise against this path unless you like to live dangerously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the caution and have a close friend that will sell me a CS6 copy also.

Back to my questions,

I am having a very hard time understanding the Camera Raw and the DNG Converter downloads. The link below is the Adobe site for all windows, Camera Raw and DNG downloads.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

As you can see version 7.1 and before offers the option to download the Camera Raw OR the DNG Converter.

Where as version 7.2 to current, (10.0) only offers the Camera Raw + the DNG download.

For a CS6 user, how do I download the Camera Raw 9.1.1 only, without the DNG Converter 9.1.1?

How do I download the current, DNG Converter 10.0 only without the Camera Raw 10.0?

I understand if my camera doesn't support the version of Camera Raw I am using, I need to use the DNG Converter. However, I can always use the most up to date version of the DNG Converter, regardless of what version of Camera Raw my version of Photoshop supports. Is this correct?

Do you recommend to upgrade from Photoshop CS5 to CS6 just for the Camera Raw version?

Photoshop CS5 supports up to Camera Raw 6.7.1

Photoshop CS6 supports up to Camera Raw 9.1.1

I can see upgrading to Photoshop CS6, if the camera I plan on using is supported in Camera Raw 9.1.1. This would save me the extra step in having to use the DVG Converter. However, the Cannon camera I'm looking at right now is not supported in Camera Raw 9.1.1 and I would have to use the DNG Converter anyways.

Thanks,

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines