I'm not getting pressure sensitivity using PS CC 2017

My system

Lenovo P50

Intel Xeon CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80GHz 2.70GHz

64-bit Windows 7 Pro

&

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 SM-T820

Android 7.0

They are paired via Virtual Tablet Server V. 3.0.2.0 (laptop), and Virtual Tablet V3.0.7 (tablet) (both the latest releases ttbomk)

This is a KNOWN ISSUE:

"WARNING: pressure sensitivity is not working in Adobe CC 2017 versions. We are trying to fix this now. Before that, please use Adobe CC 2014~2016 for the pressure sensitivity support."  source: SUNNYSIDESOFT|  Pressure sensitivity setting for Adobe Products

I am hesitant to try such a fix as creating a PSUserConfig.txt file as suggested by M Shaw in: Photoshop cc 2014 incompatible with Wacom ? (reference thepinned correct answer) but I am still very curious if a parallel solution exists as another user was experiencing similar problems with a different version of windows, a different version of Photoshop, and a non-Wacom digitizer in: Photoshop CC 2017 Pen Pressure and the solution still worked.

At any rate, even though sunnysidesoft says they're working on it, I figured I'd come to the brain trust that is Adobe Forums as I've found solutions to all my harebrained and convoluted problems here before.

Sincerely your's,

Humbled and with great appreciation,

Aaron Rivers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your link is the answer use CC 2014.  It does not work in cc 2017 most likely will not work in cc 2018.  I see nothing about using Wintab API which is what PSUserConfig.txt file is used to configures some version of Photoshop to use.  Your virtual tablet most likely use Windows INK API CC 2014 default is to use Microsoft INK API.  OLD Versions of Photoshop only supported Wintab API to interface with Pens

WARNING: pressure sensitivity is not working in Adobe CC 2017 versions. We are trying to fix this now. Before that, please use Adobe CC 2014~2016 for the pressure sensitivity support.

Adobe Products CS 5, 6Adobe Products CC 2014(or later)
Windows 7XX
Windows 8,10XO
Mac OS XOO

Mac OSX is supported better than Windows it works only with Windows 8 and  with 10 CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.5  IMO CC 2014 is the best version of Photoshop CC. Using a USB connection will also most likely be better than using a wireless connection

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines