• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 crashes on launch

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to go back to Photoshop CC 2017 (and re-load all my plugins again!) since I cannot get Photoshop CC 2018 to even load.  It immediately crashes. I have tried an uninstall and re-install (that did not help). I have also cleared all the usuall culprit PSP files in settings  - to no avail. I can't believe I am the only one having this problem.  btw - my machine is running a i7 chip with 32G of memory and a GTX 1080Ti graphics card.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Have you tried the old solution to rename Photoshop.exe to OldPhotoshop.exe? It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had 32GB of RAM! Nice! Is your OS up to date?

You can double check all of the system requirements here:

Photoshop system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP 1
Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHZ

8 GB Ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm also having problems with photoshop cc18. It keeps crashing my whole computer. I'm using the cloud. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take it to your nearest computer repair guy,a new install of OS and CC2018 required.Any program that crashes a poota means you have serious issues.Deep down I think Adobe know they have an issue with CC2018 so expect a patch soon.Good luck.(by the way Adobe half fixed mine,still won't open off the flash so pinned to task bar from windows explorer,starts ok from there.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I installed the last update to CC 19.01 and ...  the sam issue. I have tried to uninstall and re-install the new version, but it does not help. After peeling the onion I installed the older version - cc2017 18.1.2 again. It works, but I'm pretty disappointed by the new version and the time I have lost to solve the issue. I expect thr patch too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave Adobe remote access and voila fixed,not 100% but very good.They admit there is a small problem and a patch is on it's way.Service was excellent .Try this,it worked for me......Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Crashes after I open images in camera raw.

OS is up to date and system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. How very peculiar. Are all of you on Windows machines? Any updates for Photoshop within Creative Cloud showing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,

I have a "fix".

I am running this on a Dell Optiplex 7040 that has 3 Monitor Inputs.  2 are on an integrated video card, and one is on a second Videocard.

First, I downgraded back to Photoshop CC 17 as 2018 was simply crashing on launch.
Then, unplugging monitors in the integrated videocard, and then loading PS with only one monitor seem to make it work and load correctly.  So far it is the only way I am able to run it so that files can be opened.  The Preferences section does not load any video/graphics info that is editable, I am so far not able to make a change there, and instead just quickly unplug my two extra monitors before getting to work.

I have work to do, so this inconvenience will have to work for now.

If I leave all 3 monitors plugged in Photoshop does not load correctly.  It "starts" but I am not able to open or edit any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TwilightSky

Try running the CC cleaner tool between uninstalling and re-installing Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Abelabelabelabel

Running multiple GPUs is known to cause issues with Photoshop. It will run multiple monitors without issue from one GPU. See section 7 of the link below.
Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave:

Thanks for the idea.  SInce I never could launch PS CC 2018 after the initial "updage" a month ofr so back, I have had to go back to PS CC 2017 (and spend hours re-loading all my numerous plugins!).  I would try your idea but it sounds like I can't just uninstall PS CC 2018 without killing PS CC 2017 in the process, right?!  PS CC 2017 is running fine, and I would hate to loose another half-day plus reloading PS CC 2017 (and sub-tending plugins) if this didn't work. I just recently got an update feed for a new PS CC 2018 which I was hoping would slove the problem - but after the update - PS CC 2018 still immediatly crashes on launch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can have several versions installed on the same PC (I have CC2018, CC2017 and CS6 all installed here and switch between them for testing.

To do that , when you install/update, in the CC desktop app, click on Advanced and uncheck "Delete Previous Versions"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me. In step 8 I couldn't select the application I wanted to remove, because I already de-installed it at step 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same fix for me as Abelabelabelabel

2 monitors on video card

1 monitor integrated / onboard video

Disconnected the one monitor from integrated video using the control panel

leaving the other two monitors from the video card, Photoshop fired right up no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome...To all those out there with a problem CC 2018 stop wasting time trying to fix it yourself.Call Adobe customer Care and they will do their utmost to fix it,it's what you pay for.The guy who fixed mine was named Udit,top guy who did an excellent job.  To all those with older gear be aware CC 2018 is a hungry beast and will give you problems.Good luck everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unplugging the integrated monitor worked for me too!! I run 3 monitors as well, 2 on an external chip and one on the integrated...

An "easy" fix, since I can just plug it back in once Photoshop is open, but rather stupid that the problem exists at all. Thanks muchly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.
Windows 10, eight core processor, 16 GB memory, dual monitor from add-on card (not using integrated card)

Crashing on "installing panels." It was crashing on "loading panels". I launched Creative Cloud and it wouldn't show any information, so I did a repair installation on it and then apps showed up. I uninstalled PS CC 2018 and then re-installed to get it to change it's crash from "loading" to "installing."

PS CC 2018 worked OK on my dual monitor installation until Windows 10 Fall Creator Pack update. I feel the issue is with something that MS did with the update.

Fortunately, I don't load a lot of extras into PS, so I guess I'll install PS CC 2017 along side and use it until someone figures out what is going on. A single monitor use of of PS is not possible for me as I must have my other monitor on and running for business purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for clarity - in case anyone else reads the thread, multiple monitors are not an issue (I use three here). Multiple GPUs do cause problems. If you want to run multi monitors with Photoshop, the advised way is to get a card with multiple outputs.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to go back to PS CC 2018 (version 19.0, I believe) and it opens and operates correctly. The issue seems to pop up with the update that it now shows as available in the Creative Cloud interface (I think it's 19.2). Of course, changing versions causes you to lose everything and start over.

FOLLOW UP: This doesn't seem to be working now. PS CC 2018 launched one time without any issues. The next launch, it crashed again. So I guess, I'll be rolling back to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same issue on a PC. Installed it and now it crashes every time I use it. This is getting very aggravating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIRD FOLLOW UP - MAYBE THE MOST HELPFUL

I BELIEVE it is related to Chrome. From some trial and error, PS CC 2018 crashes when launching when the Chrome browser is launched. I don't have the time to dig into the reasons, but possibly a memory reserved area, or something like that, which Chrome AND PS 2018 CC is trying to use.
Once PS 2018 CC (even the latest version) is loaded, you can re-launch Chrome and everything works correctly - until you have to launch PS 2-18 CC again, which requires you to close 9not minimize) Chrome. This was tested with tabs open in Chrome and without any tabs open in Chrome. BTW: I am using the latest available updates for everything.

If someone wants to run with this and see what they can find, please feel free to.
If this "FIX"works for you, please post a reply so everyone will know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines