• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why, after a while that I am using photoshop 2018 my Keyboard doesn't work anymore?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro with Os El Capitan 10.11.6.

Why, after a while that I am using photoshop 2018 my Keyboard doesn't work anymore?

I can't write anymore:

-I can't save a photo with a name

- I can't name layers.

The only way I found to fix the problem it's to restart the computer.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your Photoshop preferences, which you can find under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I have followed your suggestion and on the Photoshop general preferences I have clicked on the button "Reset preferences on quit" . . . . . . . . but it did not fix the problem .

Do you have another suggestion?

Thank You, P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try unticking Use Graphics Processor under the Performance tab in Photoshop preferences.

If that doesn't work uninstall  Photoshop using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app (see screen shot) then reinstall it. If that doesn't work, uninstall again and run Adobe Cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems before reinstalling.

PS-uninstall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines