• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Iris Enhance tool on new cloud based LR, does it exist?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am new to Lightroom.

I wanted to know if the Iris Enhance function within the Brush is available on the new cloud and computer app based LR software.

I can't seem to find it anywhere.  I am worried that the app-based LR is limited compared to the standard desktop version.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Lauren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

The new Lightroom CC IS limited right now, extremely limited. It is a brand-new application, version 1, going in a new direction, aimed at a new type of audience. It is NOT considered to be a replacement for the "old" Lightroom. The "old" Lightroom is not being replaced. It is still being developed and enhanced and updated and supported. If you are clinging to the new cloud-based Lightroom CC then what is there is what is there for the time being, and you will just have to patiently wait and see

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Lightroom CC IS limited right now, extremely limited. It is a brand-new application, version 1, going in a new direction, aimed at a new type of audience. It is NOT considered to be a replacement for the "old" Lightroom. The "old" Lightroom is not being replaced. It is still being developed and enhanced and updated and supported. If you are clinging to the new cloud-based Lightroom CC then what is there is what is there for the time being, and you will just have to patiently wait and see what is added in the future. It is anticipated that Lightroom CC will eventually be much more fully featured than it currently is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lauren,

Not that I 'm aware for the mobile or web version, but new desktop version of Lightroom CC should be fine. To create the preset yourself - Open the 'Adjustment Brush. Next set: Exposure to +0.35, Clarity to +10, and Saturation to +40. You can fine tune the brush settings to taste. s then from the 3 dots drop down menu you can save as new preset. I've tried to show the important settings, etc in below screenshot.

Edit: I've just been reminded that you can't actually save a local adjustment preset yet. So, ignore the instructions for same. However, the slider adjustments shown in the Iris Enhancement are correct. Best you note them down somewhere.

iris enhance preset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines