• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View Photos by Filename

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying out the 'New" Lightroom CC because I'm interested in the ease of use of sharing with client..

I have a folder of images that are named in a particular order that I want to share.

Import folder into a new Album..............How do I sort the images just by filename so that I can then share???

For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out this basic task. In the "classic" Lightroom, the sort by File Name is an option under the sort drop down but can't figure out how to do it in the "New" version.

Am I missing something really simple here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BN241  wrote

Am I missing something really simple here?

Nope, sorting by file name isn't supported nor is the ability to rename your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question:  Yes.

You're missing software with the feature of sorting by name.

How do we spell V E R S I O N - 1.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what your requirements are for sharing with your clients. But with Lightroom Classic CC you can create a shared collection of images. Then you can go to Lightroom.adobe.com on the Internet and share that collection with whomever you choose. You are able to generate a shareable link that you can send to anyone. With that link your client can open the collection and look at the images. I know, you probably already know this. But just in case..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I have just posted a similar question swinging around 'file name order' here:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO EXPORT IMAGES FROM LR-CC TO iPAD PRESERVING LR-CC SORTED ORDER?

Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume that file names do no longer exist in the Cloud. You can find the file name in the Metadata section (to be used further in Version 2.0?)

You can change the creation date in LR Classic, there is a plugin that even adds a second for each photo starting at a defined date. Like that you can sort photos by capture date (at least in the Web Interface). But then you probably destroyed the real capture date which you could save with another plugin as another metadata item (like caption or else).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines