• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate brush "auto-completion"?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm drawing with Photoshop using the brush tool (B), and when i make small lines, the program fills/completes/connects the start and ending point with a straight line. I like the intention and try to help, but that's not what i actually want. How do i deactivate this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

There are several settings and many post on this subject. One setting suggestion that come to mind was to turn off Wacom double tap distance for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sound like a bug some Wacom user see.  I the they fix it by changing some wacom settings. Are you using a pen?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have an old Bamboo model. Which settings should i change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several settings and many post on this subject. One setting suggestion that come to mind was to turn off Wacom double tap distance for Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work here. What other settings can i mess with? What do i search for other posts with similar issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot with all the relevant panels opened, also what version of PS do you have?

Have you tried resetting the Brush Tool

Untitled.jpg

Also try resetting PS preferences

Untitled1.jpg

For older versions of PS

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm subscribed to Adobe CC, so it's the latest version of PS CC.

Also it seems to only happen to the Photoshop default brushes. I use other custom brushes downloaded from other artists and they don't seem to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines