• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please confirm, the only way to transfer back to LR on the desktop is through cloud sync.

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am heavily considering an iPad Pro as my travel computer, but I am troubled that it looks like the only way to synch back to LR on my desktop would be through Adobe's cloud synching.

I could be downloading 30 or more gigabytes of raw files into the iPad after a shoot, which I would cull down, and do some initial editing on the iPad, but then need to get all those edits and the images into my editing station before exporting finished files for delivery. The idea of synching that many gigs into the cloud, just to suck them back down into my Mac for the rest of my workflow is a nonstarter. It seems incredible that there is no way to move files via USB -- either via iTunes, Photos, or within LR itself. The time it would take for all those bits to float back and forth would slow production down too much for me, but all my reading online seems to confirm that there is no other way.

Would love to hear from any working photographers who are using LR CC on an iPad Pro if this is really the way it works, or if there if some other way around this.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Based on your described/preferred workflow with Lr CC and the iPad, then the only way, at present, to transfer the photos to your desktop or laptop is to sync via the Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your described/preferred workflow with Lr CC and the iPad, then the only way, at present, to transfer the photos to your desktop or laptop is to sync via the Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason for using CC in this workflow? Seems to me that you really need Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Ian. That was definitely what I thought but I was hoping that had changed.

John, I have been using LR for a long time both on desktops and laptops. I was hoping to switch my travel machine to an iPad Pro for size and convenience (as well as the fact that I am underwhelmed by the newest generation MacBook Pro).

I hope Adobe provides a way to do this sometime that doesn’t rely solely on cloud sync, LR on an iPad could really be fantastic but it‘s useless to me without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines