• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to use clone tool when I've cut and pasted into the picture

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a total beginner to Photoshop. I have 2 photos, and have cut out from 1 a head (with a nice smile!) using the lasso tool and pasted it into the other photo. I lined it up, but am unable to use the clone tool to blend around the sharp edges. It works on either the original background or on the copied and pasted head but not on the outline between the two. If I select All Layers, then the clone tool won't work.

Is there a way of saving the image so that the program doesn't see 2 separate images and I can then go and use the clone tool to blend it in nicely?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could combine the two layers into a single layer.

In the Layers panel menu, Merge Layers, Merge Visible or Flatten Image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Merge Visible Layers command merges the layers which are visible into a single layer. Visible layers are those which are indicated on the Layers dialog with an “eye” icon.

You can access this command from the image menubar through Image → Merge Visible Layers…,

or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You can clone onto a new empty layer. Set the clone sample source to "Current and Below" will enable you to clone from whatever is visible onto the new empty layer:

That said - using the clone tool to blend is not really the best approach for what you are doing. Masking the layers with a soft edged brush will make a better blend .

An alternative approach is described by ACP, Jesus Ramirez in his video on face replacement below:

Jesus ramirez PTC face replacement - Bing video

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines