• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Updater From Removing Older Versions

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to CC Photographer.  A number of my friends have gotten zapped discovering that updater removed CS6 and other products.  Can anyone tell me how I can set my options on the updater to leave older files alone?

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

once you've installed a later version and failed to select the option to keep older versions, the older versions are uninstalled.

so, at this point you need to uninstall the older version(s) you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this applies to all previous (major) versions upgrades:

keeping previous versions installed when installing CC 2015 applications | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad.  I never saw the options shown in the article when I installed the software.  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall or is there somewhere that I can open the advanced update options on the installed software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once you've installed a later version and failed to select the option to keep older versions, the older versions are uninstalled.

so, at this point you need to uninstall the older version(s) you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad.  It appears my older versions (LR 5 and PS CS 6) are too old to matter so right now I have both sets installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

p.s. if you have no use for lr5 or ps cs6, there's no reason to install them.  but if you wanted to, they are compatible with newer versions also being installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines