• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I upload library, develop....modes in Lightroom CC?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would very much appreciate if you could assist me with an issue. A couple of days ago I installed the latest version of Lightroom CC (within the photography plan that also includes Photoshop). However so far I cannot display in any way the tool bar of library, develop and other tools that are needed to store and organize your pictures. Even the tool ''catalogue''doesn't show. The only folder that shows is 'album'. Do you think that a wrong version  was provided to me? I've tried to reach the customer service of Adobe several times, but the link defers me to other pages that revert me to customer service.

Would you please advise me about this?

Many thanks in advance,

Giulia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Adobe have confused many people by releasing a new application and calling it "Lightroom CC", while calling what was Lightroom CC (2015) to "Lightroom Classic". It sounds like you are one of those people.

Go back to the Adobe Creative Cloud application and install Lightroom Classic. Think of "Lightroom CC" as being like Lr Mobile but running on your second PC/Mac - there's little benefit from having it on your main computer.

SNAG-0006.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have confused many people by releasing a new application and calling it "Lightroom CC", while calling what was Lightroom CC (2015) to "Lightroom Classic". It sounds like you are one of those people.

Go back to the Adobe Creative Cloud application and install Lightroom Classic. Think of "Lightroom CC" as being like Lr Mobile but running on your second PC/Mac - there's little benefit from having it on your main computer.

SNAG-0006.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ehi John, thanks a million for your prompt and very clear explanation. Indeed I found this out by myself earlier this morning after a 2-hour navigation through several web sources and was about to publish a new discussion to inform that I've installed the classic version. Now all is well set-up on my PC. But you're absolutely right! the whole process is very confusing, hopefully this will be changed soon to a smoother and clearer procedure to avoid any waste of time in searching and asking other users.

Best wishes,

Giulia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines