• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't run and can't uninstall Photoshop CC

Enthusiast ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated to Photoshop CC 2018, it proved unstable.  So, I uninstalled 2018 from the Creative Cloud panel, used the Cleaner, then reinstalled 2017.  No fix: 2017 crashed at startup.  What is especially frustrating is that the program was working last night when I shut down.  The machine was off all night (no automatic updates or changes to the system).  But, this morning, the program crashed upon startup.

I have two versions of 2017 (18.1.0 and 18.1.2) showing up in Control Panel. 

1) I have tried to uninstall 2017 from the Adobe Creative Cloud panel, followed by Adobe Cleaner and a restart.  The panel now provides an Install button (suggesting the program has successfully uninstalled).  But 2017 still shows up in Control Panel, suggesting it has not uninstalled. 

2) If I try to uninstall from Control Panel, it goes through an uninstall process, but, after a restart, the programs still appear.  If I try to uninstall, I do not get a message to the effect that the programs have been uninstalled.  Rather, Windows 10 goes through the uninstall process again endlessly.

3) If I click on the Photoshop desktop icon, I do not get a message saying the program no longer is on the system.  I just get a momentary hourglass, but nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall, then reinstall, in the hope that the program actually will open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?