• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hanging Up During Capture

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 3. Although I haven't had this problem in the past, today when I tried to record captures on my company intranet, Captivate appeared to "hang up," creating many copies of one slide, so that my finished project was 100+ slides for something that should have been about 10 slides. I tried it on three other machines, and did not have this problem. Any ideas why this might be happening and, more importantly, how I might make it stop?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gina

Does this happen with anything? Or just when recording this specific application? For example, does Captivate work okay if you open and record Windows Notepad? If so, then I'm going to suggest it's probably related to the application and how well it works with Captivate. (Sometimes apps and Captivate just don't seem to get along)

Assuming it's machine specific, you might try resetting the Captivate settings file. There is more on that at the link below:
Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2008 Dec 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your suggestion. When I tried to record something in Wordpad to test your suggestion, I discovered another challenge. I got this message after I finished recording: "Error encountered while copying audio stream," and nothing was recorded. I wasn't recording audio at the time, so I tried again, double-checking that the audio recording option was not selected; same result. So I tried to record in a couple of other applications; again, the same error message displayed and no simulation recorded. The only thing I can think of is that IT loaded the Flash Player 10a on all our machines last week. Could this be causing the problem? If so, do you know how I can fix it?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gina

I can't imagine Flash Player 10 being the culprit, but it wouldn't hurt to try downgrading just to rule out that possibility.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I'm working on getting IT to uninstall Flash Player 10 and reinstall 9 so I can check. Do you, or anyone, have any other ideas about what might cause this that I can check out in the meantime?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK, so we tried removing Flash Player 10 and reinstalling FP 9, and I got the same error message, "Error encountered while copying audio stream." Anyone else ever get this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources