Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual Page Break

Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating an on-line and PDF help program. The on-line works fine, but the PDF page breaks are in unusual places. How can I create page breaks at the end of a topic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2008 Dec 23, 2008
Try creating a Word file, inserting the page breaks as required and then PDFing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a Word file, inserting the page breaks as required and then PDFing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum! I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Steve

To my knowledge, PDF is created from the Printed Documentation layout. If you edit the properties of that layout, there is an option for "Start each topic on a new page". I'm not sure if that would do what you want, as you are referring to the end of a topic, not where a new one begins.

So have you tried that?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, stumbled over ya again, Colum! Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Rick. My size 11s are kind of hard to miss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Captiv8r,

I'll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2008 Dec 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I suggest that you DISABLE the "Start each topic on a new page" option, which, in my experience, introduces unwanted blank lines before some of the topic titles. Instead, edit the Heading 1 style in your Word template so that the text starts on a new page. (Format the style, and then select Format | Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks | Page break before.) This gives cleaner, more consistent results with Word 2003 and RH X5, in my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp